Five

I had put on so much concealer, and contoured my face when I got out of the shower, and dried my face. I applied my mascara, and drew a wing of eyeliner, and swiped on some red lipstick. 

I slipped on a pair of ripped acid washed shorts, and pulled on a black halter top. I tied Luke's red flannel around my waist, and pulled his red snapback onto my head as well. It seemed like most of my clothes was Luke's. I guess that's what happens when you date someone for six years.

"Are you ready?" My mom asks knocking on my door.

"Be down in a minute." I tried to gain my composure.

Luke hated me. I will be okay. Everything will be fine. I will be fine.

"You are not wearing that to school." Casey scolded me when I reached the bottom of the stairs. My backpack slung over my shoulder, and I guess my mom was glad that they were using all the same books there, because it was really inconvenient to move in the middle of the school year. 

"Yes, I am." I told him. We walked to the car, and I hopped into the front seat, Casey slumped into the back. My mom was dropping me off, and then Casey. 

She tried making conversation with me about what happened yesterday, but I just ignored her.

"Wendy, don't ignore mom." Casey pestered me.

"Bye." I said, and exited the car. 

The new school was huge, and I knew as soon as I stepped in that everyone here already knew who I was. Luke Hemmings' ex-girlfriend.

"That's Luke's girlfriend." Girls whispered, and others screamed. I rolled my eyes. This place already felt like hell.

When I reached my locker, I threw my stuff into it, not caring too much. The girl next to me had a huge poster of Luke plastered on her locker, and looking at him made my stomach do flips, but it made my brain hurt. 

"You're Wendy!" The girl exclaimed as she shut her locker.

"That would be me." I shrugged.

"I'm Hope." She smiled, and I internally groaned. My phone fiddled in my hands.

@WendyTaylor: Met a girl named Hope...how coincidental 

I put it in my back pocket. Her phone buzzed.

"You just tweeted about me." She smiled again.

"Yeah." I shrugged.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Not really." I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Hope asks, her face filled with worry. "You can trust me, I mean I'm a big fan, but I won't tweet or leak anything you tell me. I respect your privacy." She held her hands up in surrender. "Does it have something to do with Luke?" She asks.

I nodded, and that was it. The bell had rung. 

She walked to her class after giving me a sympathetic smile. I found myself not even bothering to show up to first period. I hung out outside of the school. A few people leaned against the walls, cigarettes between their fingers.

"Want one?" A girl with lilac hair asks me.

"I've never-" And a wicked grin appeared on her face. 

"Don't worry, just don't inhale too much." She shrugged, and handed me a cigarette. She lit it, and I brought it to my lips. I inhaled slightly, and exhaled as quick as possible. I could already feel the Nicotine burning my throat. 

"You're a natural." She laughed.

"Aren't you that one band kids girlfriend?" A girl sitting on the floor asked me.