Nine

Isaac had been working on making me talk about things, and getting me out of wearing all black this entire week.

I was mainly groaning, and complaining about how he needed to live a little, because I used to be exactly how he was.

"I want ice cream." Isaac whined.

"Then go get ice cream." I rolled my eyes. He acted like a child sometimes.

"I don't want to get ice cream alone." He grumbled.

"I'll go with you, just help me up." I laughed.

Isaac pulled me up, and I fell into him, because he had such a strong pull.

"Isaac." I laughed as my hands fell onto his chest, and he just chuckled.

I saw my mom, Casey, and stepdad exiting the house.

"Wendy are you coming with us?" My stepdad asked, and I was going to ask where, but the sign Casey was holding gave it all away. He had 'Luke' written on it in big letters.

"No, I'm going for ice cream with Isaac." I took Isaac's hand in mine, and we began to walk down his porch steps.

My mom smiled. "Alright, have fun."

I let go of his hand after we got down the block. They would be home in about thirty minutes. 

I knew they were happy that I was hanging out with Isaac instead of Ashley and Flora, but I hung out with them at school. Isaac managed to get me to wear a pair of light washed denim jeans, and a grey crop top with my white converse. I pulled on my black floppy hat, because I managed to convince him that I didn't want my head to burn from the sun. He rolled his eyes, and just nodded.

"So, Luke is coming back today?" Isaac asks.

"Visiting for like three days, because they have two shows here." I shrugged.

"So, I'll get to meet the oh-so-famous Luke Hemmings?" Isaac raised an eyebrow.

"Slow your roll kid." I laughed.

We reached the ice cream parlor, and waited in line. I got mine in a bowl, and Isaac got his in a cone. He got coffee ice cream, and I got cookie dough. We were almost back to our houses.

"Okay, but you have never had coffee ice cream?" He asks laughing.

"And you've never had cookie dough!" I exclaimed.

"Well you've got to try some." Isaac smiled. "Only if you try cookie dough." I raised an eyebrow.

"Deal." Isaac chuckled.

He put his cone down, and I took some with my spoon, and let it sit on my tongue. It wasn't half bad.

"Okay, it's not bad." I gave a weary smile. I was still uncertain about how I felt.

"Not bad, this is freaking amazing!" Isaac explained.

"Shut up, and try the cookie dough." I nudge him, and get a scoop onto my spoon. He brought his lips to my spoon, and slowly pulled the ice cream into his mouth.

His face screwed up in this way, and I was happy I managed to capture a snapchat of it. I was laughing so hard.

"Your face!" I laughed loudly.

"That is some good ice cream." He nodded.

"I told you." And then we both began laughing.

"Who is she with?" I heard a voice ask, and my whole body froze. Luke.

"What's wrong?" Isaac asks.

"Luke's at the house." I tell him, and try to remain calm and stable.