Eight

- One Month Later -

The boys have been on tour for a month.

I have been fooling everyone that I am alright with this. My Twitter had blown up for a whole week when I announced that Luke and I were officially over, and it was probably one of the hardest things to do, because it was facing reality. 

I hated looking at the magazines now, because all four of them were plastered on them. There were specific stories on the boys, and most of them revolved around how Luke was getting around with girls. Those hurt the most to read.

"School!" My mom hollered.

I got up from my bed, I hadn't slept in about a week. 

Ashley and Flora had gotten me hooked on smoking, and they had convinced me to try something called LSD. It was a pretty crazy experience, because I had hallucinated like crazy. It was such a nice feeling though, because I had hallucinated Luke being there, and everything was okay between us. Our parents hadn't been getting married, and he was just holding me in his lap, placing kisses on my shoulder. However I had gotten really hot, and felt like I was going to pass out.

My clothes had gotten progressively darker, and I had practically shut myself out from my family. I was always constantly out and about doing rebellious things. Stupid crazy things, but they were so relieving to do.

I pulled on a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, and I tugged on a tight black t-shirt. I slipped on my black platform shoes, and tied a red flannel around my waist. The same one that had belonged to Luke. I applied my make up, and that was about the only thing that hadn't changed at all really. I had just invested in some darker lip colors. Like right now I was wearing a dark red, instead of the bright red I would have normally worn with this outfit. I left my hair down.

"When are you going to get over this phase?" Luke's - well I guess my stepdad asked me.

"What phase?" My eyebrows raises. 

"This phase of not caring, and acting out." He rolls his eyes, as if I don't know what he's talking about. I just threw my head back laughing.

"It's not a phase, it's simply who I am now." My lips tugged into a smile.

They had sent me to therapy, because the first week of the boys being gone I had locked myself in my room. I refused to go to school, and I refused to eat. My therapist had told my parents that every kid goes through this phase. He said specifically for me and I quote; "Wendy is masking her pain by acting out, and this is why she is dressing like this, and this is why she is being rebellious. She has to face her pain, and then she will come around to her senses."  What complete bullshit. 

When I walked outside, I had noticed a moving truck was in front of the house next door, and curiosity struck inside me.

"Dad, where do you want this box?" A deep voice asked, and my head shot away from looking at the house, and looked at the moving van. The boy was definitely not from here. His accent was British. When he stepped out from behind the truck, I saw all of his features.

He was tall, like Luke. He had chocolate brown hair, and it was kind of curly in the front, and wavy the back. His eyes were a warm hazel, with green. They reminded me of Ashton's. He had plump pink lips, and I found myself getting caught up in looking at him.

"Casey hurry up!" I called into the house from the porch. I had bent down the pick my backpack up.

"Dad - wow." The boy's voice sounded surprised, and I looked over at him. He was staring at me with his mouth wide open. I smiled, and waved at him.