Meeting the Family

Summary: It wasn't so strange for Luffy to want to meet Law's family. But it was only after quite some time did the other gives in and lets his lover meet his family.

Warning: Fem!Luffy, established LawLu, modern AU

++++

Meeting The Family

It was a typical morning for the two – well, as typical a morning can be for a boyfriend who just met his girlfriend's overprotective brothers for the first time and the said brothers harassed him all night, ending up in an unprecedented (or to be very expected when it comes to any of the three siblings) brawl. To say his body was aching was an understatement, he felt like he'd been to hell and back. Even so, he woke up early and is currently flipping pancakes. His girlfriend beaming at him, as she leaned at the counter.

Things I do for love

And besides, if Law left Luffy alone in the kitchen – they won't have a kitchen to speak of when the bubbly girl is done. So when Law's 'Luffy's doing something' senses activated early in the morning, he immediately rose and found the girl taking the bacon out of the fridge. He was glad he was able to convince her that he would like to help her make his congratulatory breakfast.

Yes, despite everyone's doubt, Law managed to gain her brothers' approval – since they deemed him worthy of their dragon claw flame fist combo after all. Fortunately, he wasn't hit with the full strength of the attack because their beloved sister decided to join in. But still hundred percent or not, everything else hurt.

"Ne, Torao..."

"Hmm?"

"I want to meet your family!"

Law almost dropped the spatula to the floor. But he didn't, though the pancake was unceremoniously flipped and it broke a little on the middle.

"Torao?" Luffy tilted her head sideways.

Her boyfriend's silence didn't go pass her but she chose to not delve into it for now, especially when the other opened the oven and the smell of freshly cooked bacon waft through the kitchen.

"The bacon's done now and here's your pancake. Hurry up and eat, sensei." Law practically drawled the last of his words. The said teacher drooled instead – of course, at the meat.

"I can never make bacon this perfect. You're so awesome Torao!"

"Of course, I am." The surgeon smirked." I'm awesome in more ways than one." And added a suggestive wink for good measure. Luffy faintly blushed and tried to brush it off by eating some more. After the two ate breakfast and even had a little fun time on the side, Law went back to bed and Luffy went to school.

It wasn't the first time she told him about wanting to meet his family.

The couple talked about a lot of things – a lot of random things. Almost always, it would be Luffy who would talk on and on with Law occasionally dropping a comment or two. But there are also times, when Law felt talkative – that being sharing a thing or two about his day, his coworkers and even how some of his operation went.

But even after being together for a couple of months and even living together, the two rarely talked about the past. Maybe it was because the two of them either lived for the present or the future and perhaps both. It wasn't like it's a secret, it was simply the past.

However, when Luffy's relatives by blood or not (for Luffy, there's no difference) started to come by, Luffy started to become curious about Law's family as he never talked much about them. He wasn't really sure why he was avoiding the topic in the first place.