Taking Care Of You

Summary: Ironic how Law kept reminding Luffy to be careful with the chilly weather yet now he's the one down with fever. But good thing his self-appointed nurse is there to take care of him.

Warning: Fem!Luffy, LawLu, modern AU, sick! Law, out of character, errors

+++++

TAKING CARE OF YOU

Law coughed and sniffled again – he had been doing so the whole afternoon now. Forced into a cocoon of blankets in bed, there was barely anything he could do. Not with him being sick nor with a stubborn someone checking him from time to time. He is alright, it's just a little fever. No need to fuss about it. He can go to work.

But even with his flu-induced teary-looking grey eyes, there was no convincing his self-appointed nurse who at the moment, had just taken the digital thermometer from his mouth.

"No, Traffy." Luffy frowned as she read Law's temperature. "I said no."

"But I'm already fine... "Law grumbled.

"Fine, my butt! When I got sick, I wasn't as hot as this but you still tied me to bed and didn't let me go to work!" Luffy shoved the thermometer to Law's face to prove her point. There was no way Law could convince her otherwise.

"You do have a fine ahchoo!" Despite sneezing, Law managed to insert a playful smirk somewhere. However, there's no changing her mind.

"No is no! You're not getting out of here."

"I can run, I can hide but I can't escape your love, huh, Luff?" Law half-sung, half-drawled. Yeah, he did.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

Luffy looked lost for a second and then just shrugged her shoulders, chalking up Traffy's oddness to the flu. Who knew the virus worked like that? She placed a cold compress to the man's forehead.

Still Law was determined to convince Luffy – at least, he thinks he's determined enough, so he uses the tactic that usually works. "I heard there's an all you can eat meat special at Baratie's today."

Luffy gulps. The corner of Law's lips upturned. That got the other's attention.

"I bet you really want to go there. If you ask me, I want to go there and treat you."

"Really?" Drool began to drop from the side of Luffy's mouth, but she quickly wiped it off and nervously laughed. "Oh... ermm, that's too bad, Traffy."

"I don't know about that. You know, we can still make it before the buffet starts and get first dibs if we go now. We'll eat lots of meat – all you want. That is, if you'll let me come with."

That should do it.

"All I want?" Luffy looked at him starry eyed.

Law could almost smell it – the scent of oh sweet victory. Sure he loves Luffy but he doesn't want to be fussed about really. At least that's what he thinks he feels. So he gives it one more push, one more nudge...

"Yes, all you want, Luff. Fish, pork, chicken, bee –"A hand instantaneously clamps his mouth shut.

"NO!" Luffy yells, shaking her head. "That won't work!"

She had bitten a lip to compose herself. Her eyes shimmered and her nose flared. It was close – so damn close. She wiped her forehead with the back of her hand and heaved a sigh of relief. "That was bad... I almost got sucked into your pace."