Still Get Jealous

Summary: Call him obsessed, call him possessive, it's his right to be hellish when he's jealous.

Warning: Fem! Luffy, LawLu, modern AU, out of character, errors

Note: Request Fic from FF.net

xxxxxxx

STILL GET JEALOUS

xxxxxxx  

Sitting by the balcony of his posh unit in the city, with a cup of steaming freshly brewed coffee by the small table and an adequate amount of reading material to last him until evening, Law could have deemed this moment an almost perfect respite after a week-long affair he had been engaged with. Two major operations, a conference and a public event – it was no wonder he burned out.

What could make this afternoon perfect, however, is just one sunny shoulder-biting girl.

Shoulder-biting?

"I'm not sure if you're trying to seduce me or you're trying to literally eat me." Law thoughtfully glanced at the dark-haired girl who had her mouth clamped at his shoulder, drool seeping through his shirt. She shook her head and responded, still biting. "Thish ish mi getti a lishel mahh achu."

Law pinched her nose, "A little mad?" She had to stop biting, unable to breath. Then she stood before him and pouted, staring at Law with her big chocolate brown eyes, beaming at him. "You promised meee...."

It wasn't fair when she uses those eyes but lately Law had been thinking of a counter attack. If there's anything Luffy taught him it was that sometimes it's better to face things head-on. So he gently cupped her puffed cheeks and brought it closer to his face. Their lips only an inch apart. He asked her in the most nosebleed-inducing voice he could muster, "Do we really have to go out today?"

But Luffy didn't even get to hear it and was immediately distracted by the roaring (possibly cockblocking) fire truck which passed by. The girl went all starry-eyed until it was out of sight and turned back to the slightly bummed man. As if momentarily forgetting what they were talking about, her eyes lit up in remembrance and began to babble.

"WehavetogobecauseitsNamisbirthdayandshetoldmeIhavetocomeorelseIwillhaveabigdebtIwontbeabletopayevenifIslavearoundplusImexcitedtogototheclubforthefirsttimewithyouImeanmyfriendswillbetherebutIreallyreallywanttogowithyoubecauseIloveyouandIwanttohaveagoodtimewithyouandgoingtoclubsmeanshavingagoodtimerightsoTraffycomewithmeandquitgettingyourassstuckinhereplease."

"Slow down, love." Law slightly furrowed his brows in confusion. Grabbing his hands, Luffy heaved a breath and said, "Traffy, please come with me. Nami says it will be a lot of fun!"

"You know how I feel about going to densely populated places." Replied the surgeon with a small frown. He only went to the public event because he was only there to talk on a podium and speak with a few people. Law just doesn't prefer to be in the company of a lot of people. "Sorry, Luff... "

"I see..." She turned a bit downcast. "It is Nami's birthday so naturally I want to go..." Luffy looked like she wanted to say more but she simply grinned and said instead, "Ah! Don't mind, don't mind – I understand! You should rest up, Traffy. I'll be back soon."

Most people never notice but Law knew when Luffy is trying too hard to be cheerful. Ah there goes his reservations, now probably blown away by the passing breeze. Luffy would want to go, understandable. And he feels he really should come.