Trapped- Chapter 7

"Shit she's dead" amongst the thudding in my head I could hear nearby voices, struggling to open my eyes.

"Don't be a dick, it's not funny" That was definitely Daniel, he seemed agitated and a little tired, "Amy, Amy - she's okay." He was hovered over me, we were sat in the a grimy room with broken windows and cardboard slabs covering the floor, mould growing in the corners.

"Skip... What happened?" He helped me lean up, my body a little shaky. Shooting pain on my forehead caused me to pause, clutching what felt like a fresh cut

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to drop you, the crowds they were just-"

"No it's fine, where are we?" I tugged at the slightly damp sleeves of my jumper, the cool air setting shivers down my back.

"We're in The Grove, um yeah my... friend" he looked at the woman stood in the corner, she was dressed in a stained top and long wavy skirt, wrapped in a ripped shawl which hung loosely on her shoulders.

"That woman is your friend..?" I felt confused and a little intimidated, her eyes were staring straight at me and I couldn't help but notice how familiar she looked.

"Morning sweet...heart, hungry?" She smiled faintly,

"Shoot it's morning?!, how long have I been asleep for? What happened? Where's Jed?"

"Ssh hey you've been... Sleeping.. For a few hours. Everything's been pretty hectic. The governments gone mad. Nobody's safe anymore, especially not here." Daniel's eyes fell to the ground, biting his lip.

"Then we need to go... Go back to where we came from. My father he'll be worried." I suddenly remembered my promise to Luke and my heart sank.

"We can't leave. Not yet. Okay. For now-"

"For now the people of The Grove need you!" The woman's tone was sharp and sad, I frowned looking to Daniel then back to her.

"Look I'm not some toy that people can use whenever they want. I've had enough of being forced into things. So, you can return me back to where I came from or I'm calling the police."

She shook her head smirking, before glaring at Daniel, he sighed wrapping his strong arms around my body causing me to scream in panic.

"Skip get off! Ugh what are you doing? Let me go! PLEASE! STOP!"

They took me down a flight of stairs that felt like forever. Flicking on the light switch I immediately saw Jed tied to a chair in the corner of the basement, his mouth covered in tape.

"Jed!" Daniel let go of me and I ran over to him, struggling to control my emotions. I don't know why, but in all the confusion and worry, the strange place filled with strangers, I couldn't have been more pleased to see him- despite his episodes from earlier.

Like last time his eyes lit up, I ripped away the tape causing him to wince, but he grinned.

"Amy you're safe! I don't know why, what. What's happening? Did they hurt you?"

"No.. No I'm just.. You're ok, I thought. I don't know what I thought."

Soon after I was made to sit in a chair, hands tied behind my back. A crowd of people swarmed into the tiny room, the woman at the front, in one hand she held a megaphone and in the other a gun.

"Answer these questions and your little boyfriend will live. You understand sweet...heart?"