vi

Chills went through my entire body as the cool air hit me. My dripping hair weren't helping very much either. Someone needed to increase the temperature of the air-conditioner by a notch, but since it was the ducts which were pouring out the air, I couldn't help but push the idea aside.

I yawned, even though I had just bathed. I looked for Aiden and he was sitting on the dining table, doing stuff on his laptop. It was sleep time and I couldn't bear standing anymore. I approached him about the bed, but I needed to return his favour first.

"Thank you" I said, walking behind him.

He turned his neck to face me. "Yeah" he said, expressionless.

He turned his face again to his computer. I saw him doing something on MS Excel. He was typing a very complex calculation and I felt pity for him. He was using he long way to derive the result. This could've been done in a 2 code formula. I decided this was a perfect time to return a gratitude, I wouldn't be debted under his gratitude anymore then.

"Can I?" I said, moving beside him.

"What?" he said, not even stopping typing.

"You're doing it the long way." I said, pointing.

"This is the only way." He said, stopping.

"It's not."

"Don't teach me, please."

"I'm not, I'm just helping." I could see the way there were around 12 more part-codes left for the formula he was using. It wasn't okay.

"I don't need your help."

"Please, let me." All of a sudden, I felt as if I was begging him to let me help him.

"No, go away."

That was it. I wasn't dying to help him either. I had already returned his gratitude by saying a thank you and that was enough. If he doesn't want to accept help, not my problem. I had my own dignity to hold to.

"Fine, whatever." I said, irritated as I was. I had come here to talk about the bed but since he was so engrossed with his own ways, and his own beliefs, I turned on my heels and went to the bedroom again.

I dropped myself on the bed. It was extremely comfortable. I sat on it, turned on my own laptop and logged into tumblr. My entire fury was slowly drained out as I read posts on tumblr.
I was reading a post about the loss of colour red underwater when an unlocking of the door made my eyes shift from my laptop to the door.

It was Aiden with his laptop in his hands. I couldn't care less about him and his work, so I resumed to read the post. Surprisingly, he walked up to where I was sitting, stopped, and coughed.

I moved my head in his direction. "What?"

"Is it true?"

"What's true?"

"Is there a shorter way to do this?" He said, pointing towards his monitor.

"Yeah, there is." I said, and then moved my eyes back to the post.

"Can you do it?" He said.

I was shocked, what was going on?

"And why exactly would I want to do that?"

"Shampoo" He said, as if stating an obvious fact.

"I said thank you" I defended myself. The amount of lighting in the room made the atmosphere dramatic and somewhat pleasant, only if Aiden wasn't there. He sighed in frustration as he stroked his hair back with one hand. It was then I noticed that his hair were brown too, just like his eyes.