Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"What are you doing here?!" I said, shocked. 

There was Luke, surrounded by a bunch of paint cans, paint rollers and brushes, floor polishers, cleaning supplies, and wall cement. I was confused by his intentions. Oh yeah, he was also of a big ladder, painting and fixing up my ceiling.

"Hey Lauren! I'm playing circus, trying to balance on the ladder with one foot." he said sarcastically. "What does it looks like I'm doing? I'm fixing up your crappy apartment. Doing is my way of apologizing, while other just say "sorry". Yeah, yeah, sorry doesn't cut it for me." he explained, still painting. I looked up at him in amazement. When he saw my expression, he simply said, "What?"

"I don't know. It's just..different." I sputtered, sitting down on a chair in the living room.

"What, a random guy coming to your place without permission?" he laughed. I shook my head.

"No. What I'm feeling today." I said, staring up at the wall. He looked down at me confused, and come down from the ladder, sitting next to me. 

"I don't exactly get what you mean. Care to explain." he asked. I looked into his deep green eyes. 

"I just don't feel things like this. Actually, I don't really think I've ever "felt" anything so consistently since I came here. Embarrassment, gratefulness, anger, and now when I come and see you doing that when I came home...I just feel...I feel-"

"I get it. You have this urge to just get down on your knees and kiss my feet or pray because of my angel-like appearance. Yeah, I have that affect on most girls. It's not really your fault." he said cockily.

"I was gonna say guilty! But now that you say that...I'm just starting to feel the same way I felt when I first talked to you. Annoyed." God, did this guy get on my nerves!

"Will you calm yourself for 5 minutes? I swear your bipolar!" he said, giving up.

I paused. Silence infected the room. Then I spoke,

"You're right. I'm sorry. I really apprectiate what you're doing, and I'm being an ass."

He looked at me, shocked, then he looked back down at the ground.

"I'm sorry too. Again. Come on." He said grabbing my hand. "We're fixing up your apartment, and your helping me.'' he urged, pulling me to the ladder.

We spent the rest of the night laughing and teasing. By the end we were covered in paint, and my walls were 6 different colors. By the end of the night, we were worn out, and extremely hungry.

"Man, I'm starving." Luke moaned, grasping his stomach. "It's 1:00. Still too late to eat?" he asked.

"It's never too late to eat!" I said happily. That got me thinking of that tomato sauce I bought earlier that day. Maybe we'd get some use outta the damn thing.

"Up for spaghetti?" I questioned, showing him the can of sauce. 

"Oh yeah baby! You know I am!" he yelled. 

Even though I've never cooked before, it did turn out edible, which counted as a success for me.

Funny thing was, as soon as we finished, we both feel asleep right on the couch.

Yeah, my mom tells me not to trust anyone, and here I am, lying fast asleep next to a guy I just met.

Go figure.