Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Well believe it or not, I'm not the best ice skater.

The moment I hit the ice, I hit the floor. And I probably would've hit my face too if Luke wasn't by my side ready to catch me. Each time I kept falling and falling until Luke finally said,

"God, you suck. No offense." he laughed.

"Heyyy! I've never done this before!" I whined. He chuckled.

"Obviously." he said. We both laughed. 

Just then Mrs.Tibbits zoomed by on her skates. What was she 60 something? Why the hell was she that good on skates?! I frowned,  so embarrased at the situation.

"Come on you know I'm joking." Luke said to me, smiling. 

"No no it's not that. I'm just so...not normal." I told him. Luke bent down to look at my face, with a look of concern.

"Well...maybe not normal is good." he said smiling again. 

Don't look into his eyes, Laura, don't don't don't!! I thought. 

Oh man.

Too late.

As soon as I looked into those big green eyes of his I experienced something that I really thought I never would. 

I got lost.

I didn't know where I was, or who was in the room except for me and Luke. I forgot where I was going, or why I was hiding so much. I wanted to tell him everything, right there and then, from the beginning to the end. So when he bent down to level his face with mine, I didn't pull back, or question what was about to happen. I simply let it happen, and let the bliss of the moment take me under. 

Luke brushed my white-blonde hair out of my face, and connected his lips with mine. 

Pure bliss.

We stood there for a little while, kissing in front of everyone. I didn't mind.

It was my first real experience, and I wasn't going to miss out. I kissed him back, feeling him smile as me kissed. Then after what seemed like eternity, he pulled away. 

"Yeah. Definitely good." Luke said as he pulled his arm that kept me from falling closer to him, which made me feel even safer. 

The rest of the day was a blur. All I knew was that I had kissed him. My first kiss, with Luke. The happiest moment of my life, with Luke. That night, we walked to our rooms, hands locked together. 

"I'll see you tomorow." I told him. 

"Night." Luke said, grinning like the cheshire cat.

"Night." I said, with the same expression. We walked into our room, and for the billionth time I flopped onto my bed, stared at the ceiling, and thought.

But this time, I thought about Luke. 

And how happy he made me.