Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I woke up with my head on Luke's chest and his arm tight around me. At first I glanced down and saw the position I was laying in, but just laid my head back down and began to sleep again.

Then I realized where I was lying, and with who I was lying with.

My first reflex was to jump out of his arms, but he was still sleeping, and even though I didn't have a normal childhood, my mother did teach me to be polite and not rude. 

Plus he kinda looked like an angel so content and deep in his sleep.

I sighed, desperate for a way out.

Funny, how other girls were probably desperate for a way in.

I laid back against him, staring at the newly painted ceiling we had worked on all night, it was pretty good for a couple of 15 year olds.

After what felt like an hour I felt Luke tense under me. He yawned and stretched, then realizing that I was laying on top of him.

Out of spite, I pretended to be asleep.

He looked at me, bringing his hand to my face and pushing the hair out of my face and smiling down at me.

Confused and extremely startled, I "woke up". His arm immediatly loosened.

I yawned and wiggled my way out of his arms.

"Jeez. What time did we fall asleep?" I said tiredly.

"No idea. Man, what time is it." he said sleepily. I glanced at the clock on the wall.

3:12 PM

That means we slept until the end of the day.

Well hell.

"We were pretty tired weren't we." he said laughing.

My face was stern.

"You should go home. Your parents are probably worrying about you." I urged. I wanted him to leave so I could sit alone and simply think.

He shook his head, "I don't live with my parents. I mean, I don't have any anymore. Mrs.Tibbits is my 4th cousin, so she squeezed me into the tiny room next door. I live alone, like you. But where are your parents Lauren?" he asked, concerned.

"I uh...ran away." I said, looking around casually.

Silence.

"Oh." he simply said.

"Yep." 

Silence again.

"Lauren?" he said, looking up at me. I slowly returned his gaze. "You're so different. Unlike any other girl I've ever met. I don't know. Why. Uh.." he hesitated, running his hand though his dark hair. "I'll see ya I guess. I mean, we are neighbors." he said with a smile.

"Definitely." I replied, nodding.

I know I've been such an amateur when it comes to feelings.

But when Luke left, I felt something I haven't felt in a long time.

Happiness.