Chapter One - How Does It Feel (Part One)

Brianna

Do you recall, not long ago
We would walk on the sidewalk

"What is that?", I mentally asked myself. What was waking me up this early in the morning?

Innocent, remember?
All we did was care for each other.

But the night was warm, we were bold and young
All around the wind blows, we would only hold on to let go.......

Wait! I recognize that song. It's Lean On by Major Lazer, DJ Snake, and MØ. I lifted my head from underneath my covers and saw my phone's alarm was going off. 5:45 It clicked. I had chosen that song for my alarm. I sat up on my queen sized bed and started to sing along. To put it simply, I loved that song, so you can imagine how loud I started singing.

Blow a kiss, fire a gun
All we need is somebody to lean on

I heard my mom angrily yell for me to turn the alarm off and stop singing. Reluctantly, I did, but for the first time in a lifetime, I was in a happy mood. I'm usually not a morning person, to put it in the nicest way possible, but today is the first day of my junior year in high school.

A smile had already made its way to my lips as my subconscious started talking to me.

You haven't smiled like this in a while.

"I know subconscious, I know" I responded.

Now you're probably wondering what I was doing up at 5:45 am if I said I wasn't a morning person. Well, once a week, I wake up early and start working on my poems. It's nothing major. Whenever I need to let something out of system, I put it into poetry. My friends tell me I'm talented, but I'm not really sure.

I was, at the time, writing a poem entitled Goodbye.

I took out a blue pen and started writing..........

Today, I'm not myself
But you, you're something else
I looked toward the bedroom you're in
And hell is where I've been

One of the stranger faces she has
I knew I was in a dangerous place
But I didn't know I wasn't the one who held you last

I sigh as I start getting more invested in my writing. If you haven't figured out what the first part of the poem means, then I'll tell you. Basically, I had a boyfriend named Cameron for my sophomore year. I found out he cheated on me with one of my former best friends......actually no.......I saw them making out together. I hadn't shed a tear though, to be incredibly honest. Around that time of my life, I began to have problems at home, so, if you really think about it, I was all out of tears to cry. After the incident, not only had Cameron been trying to get me back, but I have been constantly avoiding trying to think about it.

Sadly, that probably won't work anymore, and I might have to accept it.

I continued to write..........

What a different place I'm in
Now that I know where your evil hands have been

We haven't tried anything new yet?
Let's try something where the love we need, we're free to get

I really should get going
But I need to burn the bridges we built, I need them gone

But I'm sure I'll find another person to be the words in this poem book of mine
I can show you how to count the minutes to detonation right now