Chapter 7 - Pulses

Silence.

That's all I hear.

It's the freakin' weekend and all I hear is a tension filled silence. As if no one in my household wanted to move, or breathe. It's a hollow atmosphere......or maybe we're all just hollow on the inside.

My mom came in late again last night. I've gotten used to that, which is kinda sad, but the even sadder part is that it's like she doesn't even care. Every night is her night, and she can do whatever she wants. I guess it's part of the reason why I feel so hollow. I don't want to call Rhys because she'll just freak out. I don't want to call Christian because he'd probably be clueless as to what to do. I won't even lie, right now, I'm clueless too. I can't call Mason, because right now, I need some space from him. 

Who should I call? Who?

Subconcious: You should call Zac-

Me: DON'T EVEN SAY IT!!!

The sad truth was, I wanted to call him. For some reason, even though he was a ginormous dick, he was the only one I felt like talking to.

Let me remind you that it was 3 AM in the morning, and I am drenched in sweat. My hair is damp, and my fan is on the highest possible setting there is.

I rolled over to my nightstand and grab my phone. The light from the screen blinded me for two seconds, and then I searched for his number.

I laughed at the name he saved it under.......

SexyZach001.....

I texted him saying "No sleep for the troubled," and he immediately responded.

Zachary: By troubled do you mean can't stop thinking about me?

Me: I would say in ur dreams, but I wouldn't want you to have nightmares.

Zachary: Thanks......wyd

Me: Wondering why I can't fall asleep on the weekend......

Zachary: Hmmmm......

Me: What?

Zachary: Have you ever snuck out of your house before?

Okay, so I'll admit, the question caught me off guard. Why? It's not because I've never done it, because.......I have.

I know what you're thinking. "What?!?! She's snuck out before! I am flabbergasted!" But, yeah, it was only one time. My parents, in their good state of mind, were sleeping that night, and I think I was the only one that couldn't sleep, so I called Rhys, and we went to the park after hours. It was one of the best memories I have to be honest.

Me: Yea Y?

Zachary: Meet me outside your house in 5

Me: wait......y?

No reply.

Me: YYYYYY?

Oh dear god, this boy!

---------------------------------------------------

Sure enough, five minutes later, he was outside my door. I threw on some joggers and a Tonight Alive tee with my rundown adidas. I wasn't even going to fix my hair. I threw on a jean jacket, grabbed my phone and my wallet, and opened the door. 

Ladies and gentlemen......the tricky part wasn't that I was nervous, but that I had to get past my dad, who was home, finally. I tip toed out of my room, and down the stairs. Everything was going great until I trip over a bag, and made a loud noise.

Of course, this only happens to me.

I heard a noise upstairs, where my dad was sleeping. Adrenaline kicked in, and I grabbed my keys and booked it for the door. I opened it quickly, and locked while I was outside. I hopped on his motorcycle, and grabbed my helmet. I saw a light go on in my house, and I signaled for Zachary to drive.