Chapter 12: Never Apart

Alex's POV
I stand on the sideline and wait to enter the game. Finally the ref blew the whistle and Tobin came running off the field. As she approached me I gave her a hug.
"Good job Tobs." I say to her.
"Thanks, score a goal okay?"
I smiled and ran out onto the field.

We ended up winning the game 2-1. That was our last victory tour game. We went back to the locker room and changed and stuff. Everyone was happy for our overall performance in this victory tour. Once everyone was ready we went on the bus and headed back to the hotel. Once we got there Tobin and me decided to walk around the city for a while.
The city always looked beautiful at night and I could never get tired of seeing it. We walked around in silence but it was a comfortable silence.

"Looking back to when I was in high school, where I first met you, I still can't believe we are on this team together." Tobin says.
"It's a dream come true for me. Being on this team with my bestfriend, life couldn't get any better." I say to her and she just smiles.
"Seeing where I was in high school, you know struggling and stuff, and seeing where I am now, I don't think I could have done this without you Alex. You really have changed my life in a good way."
"I don't want anything but the best for you Tobin."I grab her hand and swing it back and forth.

We continue to walk and share our memories from the past. It was a fun and peaceful moment.
Finally we walk back to the hotel and go back to our room. Before we went to bed we sat outside on the balcony like we did the other night. We both seem to be able to sleep better after we sit outside and talk to each other. I guess it's one of our best friend connections.

"Alex, how many times have I said thank you to you?"
"Umm about 10 million times." I say and let out a small laugh.
"Well I mean them. Thank you Alex for everything you've done for me. I just don't know where I'd be right now if I didn't meet you."
"I don't know where I'd be either if I didn't meet you Tobin. Like I don't know who would have donated blood for me when I needed it. But you were there Tobin and because of you I'm alive and healthy."
"Yea and since you have my blood in you we are now inseparable." I smile and give her another hug.

"Well I think we both should be in bed now." Tobin says.
"Yea we kind of have a long day tomorrow." We both go back inside and start heading to our rooms.
"Goodnight Tobs, see you in the morning."
"Goodnight Alex, sleep good." Then with that i go to my room and sleep. It was a good day today.

Tobin's POV
The next morning Alex and me walked down to our team breakfast. We sat in our usual spot with ARod and KO. Today was the last day and then everyone was going back to there Club teams so we tried to make the most out of it. After breakfast Alex and me went back to our rooms and started packing all our stuff. I wish we could all just stay on the national team forever because Alex is my best friend and it's hard being away from each other. But I'm going to keep in touch with her when she's in Kansas City and I'm in Portland. I'm not going to make the same mistake as last time.

"Alex, I'm going to write you a letter."
"What for?"
"So when you're in Kansas City and I'm in Portland you can read this letter when you feel like I have forgotten you. This letter will remind you that I will always be there for you."
"Aw thanks Tobs! I'll write you a letter to."

After I was done packing, I got a pen and a paper and went out to the balcony to start writing my letter for Alex.
Alex stayed in her room to writer her letter for me. It took me a good 40 minutes to write and finish my letter. I went back inside and saw Alex still in her room so I sat on the couch and watched some TV.

"We should do something fun for our last day." Alex says as she exits her room.
"What do you have in mind?" I ask.
"Well after dinner the whole team should go to the beach and have a bonfire and have like s'mores and stuff."
I nod my head in agreement. "That should be fun!"
"But right now we should walk around the city one last time, just the two of us." Alex suggests.
"Alright then let's go."