Kissing Isn't An Option

Shadow cleared his throat, holding back blushing. "So how did you sleep last night?" Shadow asked, sitting up again. "Terrible. I was so cold. I should've brought more blankets," Sonic frowned. "I brought tons of extras. You can borrow one of mine," Shadow said, taking out the warmest one he brought, handing it to Sonic. "Really?" Sonic asked, throwing the blanket around himself. "Yeah. I'm already using a different one anyway," Shadow said. Sonic smiled. "Thanks, Shadow. You've been so nice to me," he said. "Don't push it," Shadow said, avoiding eye contact with Sonic. Shadow looked towards to door. "We should probably go back," Shadow said. Sonic sighed. "Yeah, let's go," he said standing up, throwing Shadow's extra blanket on his bunk. "Come on," he said to Shadow, who was still sitting. Shadow looked down and took a deep breath. "Are you okay?" Sonic asked. "Yes," Shadow said, finally standing up.
He walked over to Sonic, and they both walked towards the door. Neither of them opened it. They looked at each other. Sonic laughed. Shadow half-smiled. Sonic walked closer to Shadow and tried to touch his shoulder, but Shadow stopped his hand. "What are you doing?" Shadow asked. Sonic looked shocked. "Well ... I," Sonic said, blushing. Shadow sighed and pulled Sonic towards him. He hugged Sonic, and Sonic instantly hugged back. "I hate you for making me do this," Shadow said. Sonic frowned. "You're confusing me so much," he said. Shadow let go of Sonic gently. "I can't like you. We can't ... we're not supposed to like each other," Shadow stuttered. "I know but who cares? We don't have to tell anyone," Sonic smiled. Shadow shook his head. He opened the door and walked out. Sonic followed. "Come on Shadow, I know you want to," Sonic said. "Of course I want to, Sonic. I know you want to, too. But I'm telling you no. We hugged, okay? What more do you want?" Shadow said, irritated. Sonic laughed. "Just stop walking," he said. "No," Shadow smirked, starting to run away. Sonic laughed and ran after him. "Just let me kiss you!! I won't tell anyone!" Sonic called after Shadow. "No!" Shadow yelled, running faster. "On the cheek?" Sonic asked, trying to watch his breathing. "No!" "On the forehead?" "No!" "On the hand?" "No!" Sonic and Shadow continued arguing until they reached their group. "There you are Shadow, what took you so long?" Shadow heard his friend ask, while his eyes were still focused on Sonic. Sonic smiled at Shadow, running back to the front of the group. Shadow continued watching Sonic, wishing he would stay back with him, but at the same time, wishing he wouldn't.
"Shadow?" Rock repeated. "Sorry," Shadow said, switching his focus to Rock. "What took you so long?" Rock asked. "Um," Shadow said, hoping a good lie would come to him. "Nothing I just, took my time. I didn't want to come back," Shadow said. Terrible lie. "Oh," Rock said, buying it. "Well luckily for you, you missed studying the bugs," Rock said. "Ew, what?" Shadow said. "They were showing us the bugs around here and explaining what they do," Rock laughed. "Wow, thank goodness I missed that," Shadow said. "Thank goodness I missed that ..." he thought, glancing back at Sonic.