Chapter 2

Foxfoot headed out of camp with a border patrol composed of Ivyheart, Sandfeather, Darklight, Vineclaw, Shrewpaw, and Featherpaw. Runningkit looked around the camp to see everything was peaceful. She didn't realize that the elders went inside their den.
She just calmly watched over the camp as though she were an elder herself.
"You have calmness that is uncommon in such a young cat." A voice said next to her. Runningkit jumped in surprise. She looked up to see Greystar standing next to her. She blinked at him.
"I-I uhh.. I just like to watch the peacefulness of the camp." Runningkit awkwardly explained. He nodded and looked to the camp.
"I also like to see Thunderclan at peace." He said wistfully. Greystar looked back to her.
"May I join you?" He asked. Runningkit nodded. He sat next to her and they both watched the camp as time passed. The border patrol returned when the sun was setting. Foxfoot nodded to Greystar and headed over to the fresh-kill pile.
The other warriors either did the same or went to sleep in the warriors den.
"Runningkit! Time to come in!" Lionpelt called. Runningkit got to her paws and turned to look at Greystar.
"Thanks for sitting with me Greystar. Goodnight." He nodded and stood up himself and headed to his den. Runningkit raced over to the nursery and was greeted by her littermates.
"Wow! I can't believe you got to talk with Greystar!" Goldenkit said in awe. Volekit playfully cuffed his sisters ear.
"You act like no one is allowed to speak to him!" Goldenkits hair stood up a little in frustration.
"I know that! It's just you don't see him talking to everyone in camp all the time!" She explained in an irritated tone. Lionpelt herded her kits to her side for bed.
"You can argue about this in the morning. You all need some rest." Lionpelt instructed.
"Yes mom." The kits said in unison. Runningkit and Goldenkit curled up next to each other. Volekit slipped into a place between them and their mother and fell asleep.
°---°----------------------------------------------°---°
Runningkit cracked her eyes open as sunlight shone into the nursery. Goldenkit stirred next to her. Volekit was still asleep. Goldenkit raised her head sleepily and let out a yawn.
Runningkit sneezed, then she sneezed again. Runningkit wiped a paw over her nose to stop it. Lionpelt watched her daughter with worry in her eyes.
"You should go to Hawkpath and make sure it isn't something serious." Lionpelt said. Runningkit nodded and headed out of the nursery. She walked through the thin layer of morning dew to the medicine cat den.
She walked through the hanging brambles and saw Hawkpath in the herb store.
"Hi Hawkpath." Runningkit said to the medicine cat. Hawkpath turned and walked out of the store to greet the kit.
"Hello Runningkit. Is something wrong?" She asked in concern. Runningkit nodded awkwardly.
"I was sneezing earlier. Lionpelt wanted me to get you to check me for any sickness." She explained. Hawkpath nodded slowly.
"Just sneezing?" She asked.
"Yes." Runningkit answered.
"Well, since its changing from leafbare to newleaf, you are probably trying to get used to the more drier air. But I'll give you something just incase." Hawkpath said. The medicine cat went back into the herb store and came back out with a berry in her mouth. She placed it in front of Runningkit.
"Just eat this and you'll be fine." Hawkpath instructed. Runningkit leaned down and ate the berry. It tasted strange. Runningkit shrugged it off as a medicine cat thing and lifted her head back up.
"Thanks Hawkpath." Hawkpath nodded as Runningkit left the den.
"Runningkit! Come here!" Lionpelt called for her kit. Runningkit raced to her mother and littermates.