Chapter 17

Runningwish had decided to tell Snowpaw, maybe the white she-cat could ask Starclan for her. When the moon rose, Hawkpath and Snowpaw had come out of the medicine cat den and started to leave.

Runningwish shot up and ran over to them.

"Snowpaw wait! I need to ask a favor!" Runningwish called, hoping her voice wasn't to loud to provoke anyone in camp.

"Runningwish? What is it?" Hawkpath asked. Runningwish flattened her ears in embarrassment.

"I would like a quick moment with Snowpaw." Runningwish requested. The medicine cats shared a glance.

"Fine, I'll go ahead and wait for you with the others." Hawkpath said, then turned to leave. Snowpaw nodded and turned back to the warrior.

"What is it Runningwish? Are you sick?" Snowpaw asked patiently. Runningwish pricked her ears.

"I, uh, I wanted to ask you if you could keep an ear pricked if Starclan says anything... unusual... about me." Runningwish finished awkwardly. Snowpaw's ear twitched in confusion, but she nodded.

"Of course Runningwish. I'll tell you if I hear anything." Snowpaw purred, then turned away and pelted after her mentor. Runningwish sighed, her nerves calming down. She licked down her chestfur and stared at her paws.

I hope Starclan speaks...