Chapter Forty

Dan, Phil, Jenny and I checked into our hotel, and I fished my vlogging camera out of my bag. I turned it on.

"Hi, guys," I yawned. "We just touched down in Orlando, and it's like dawn. What time is it, Jenny?" I pointed the camera at my friend. She held up a hand, squeaked, "No!" and pushed the camera away.

I laughed. "What time is it, Dan?"

"6:23, according to my phone," Phil replied because Dan was shooting the camera stoney looks. "And why are you tired? You slept the whole way! I've been awake for the last nine hours!"

"And ten minutes," I added cheekily.

Phil rolled his eyes.

"But, yeah, it's 6:23, we just checked into our hotel, and we're really tired. PlayList Live is tomorrow, and I can't wait to meet some of you guys! It's funny, though. I got the most sleep out of all of us, and I'm the most tired. Phil got the least sleep out of all of us, and he's the most awake. It doesn't make sense."

"Your need to vlog doesn't make sense," Jenny muttered. "At least let me brush my hair before you shove the camera in my face!"

I stared into the lens. "She literally started a YouTube Channel a month ago. Dafuq?" I made a funny face at the camera. Then, I tied it up. "Well, I'm gonna head up to our room, I might give you a tour of the place when I'm better rested. And when Jenny's had a chance to brush her hair." I turned off the camera.

The four of us took an elevator up to the fifth floor, which had our rooms. Our rooms were adjacent, and conjoining. We said goodbye to each other and said we'd see each other on a few hours. Then, Jenny and I crashed. We woke up around 10:30, so we got about four hours of sleep.

While Jenny was in the bathroom, I got out my camera. "Hello, my little flowers. It's now 10:30 in the morning, and I said I would give you a tour of my hotel room, so here it is. There's not much to see, to be honest."

I showed my bed, the desk, Jenny's bed, the tv, the armchair, the coffee station, the closet, and the bathroom. I even made a hot chocolate at the coffee station. I know, how ironic.

Then, I turned off my camera as Jenny came out of the bathroom, looking lovely. I edited my video, and uploaded it to my vlogging channel, which took about an hour or two. In this time, Jenny was on her phone, updating her status.

Dan and Phil came banging on our door round noon, complaining that they were hungry. Phil said he wanted some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

We had a promise to keep, so Jenny and I threw on our jackets and headed outside with the boys. Then, we headed downtown.

~~

"Welcome to PlayList Live 2016!"

I looked around in wonderment. We were actually here. Dan, Phil, Jenny and I were standing in the room our panel would be on. We would be speaking along with Zoe, Louise, and Joe.

Just as I stepped up to the panel to take a closer look at the nametags, someone stepped into the room. Expecting Zoe, Louise, or Joe, I looked up.

I was not expecting Lilly Singh (iiSuperwomanii).

She was every bit as beautiful in person as in her videos. She smiled at me, and her white teeth seemed to need a warning label.

"Hey, you're Lillette!" She cried.

"Holy shit!" I couldn't stop myself from yelping. I clapped a hand over my mouth. "I'm sorry... um, yeah, that's me. And you're Lilly!"

"I certainly am," she laughed. She made her way across the room to my side, and hugged me. I caught my breath. Ohhhhh my Goooooood.