Chapter Eight

Luke

No matter what we tried to help Luke he just wouldn’t wake up at least he was still breathing. If anyone else would have looked at him they would just think that he was simply sleeping but he would thrash out, scream, and sweat almost like he was in an intense night terror. Scott was getting impatient and severely irritated. Avery and I were still not talking as Jake refused to tell anyone else what happened claiming it wasn’t his to tell.

“Are you sure this is going to work? I mean just drinking tea and herbs that sounds way too easy.” Rain was the most skeptical one out of us all and she really doubted Emery’s powers.

“Just because my powers aren’t as noticeable as yours or the fact that I don’t flaunt them like you idiots doesn’t mean that I don’t have them.” Emery was constantly on edge since Rain and he had stopped speaking.

“Look it’s not going to do us any good arguing okay? We need to fight back before they literally pick us apart one by one. We’ve fought Grimms for several eons it’s nothing new. If anything we have evolved and grown.” I didn’t expect everyone to jump at board with my idea but I figured someone would argue with me.

“Oh trust me love, I plan to do more than fight them. Nobody messes with my family I will execute every last one of them.” Scott’s voice held nothing but promise for what was to come.

Jake seemed to slightly agree considering he has been making fire appear and disappear in the palm of his hand for the last half hour at least. Rain backed me up one hundred percent and although Avery and I were still not speaking he would if Jake did. Scott went without saying what he thought but Emery look disgusted by my proposal. Honestly it was the violence that probably got to him but no matter which angle you looked at it there was no way to avoid it. This fight was going to be bloody and ugly but we also had an advantage over them.

“Hey Cade, can I talk to you for a minute.” My eyes shifted from Luke’s trembling body to Rain who was causally leaning up against the open door.

“Sure, let’s go to the kitchen, I’m hungry and everyone else probably is as well.” My voice sounded hollow to even me besides who could think about food in the pickle that we were in.

Ever since Luke had fallen my power and strength seemed to decrease which was a major concern especially if we were surprise attacked. If we were going to save him then everyone needed to be on their best game.  Sighing while walking through the bedroom door the idea of omelets filled my mind since I do make a mean one. A cold chill passed through my body as the top of the stair case came into view. The feeling could only be described as someone running up the stairs and crashing into me but everyone was either sleeping or sparing with each other. Either it was the Grimms playing a trick or Scott was somewhere close and was severely not happy I am going to ahead and chose the latter. He always wanted to jump the gun on everything, never thinking ideas through, and his personality was positivity annoying. The major concern was that he could very well pose a threat to the rest of us. Most people’s first instinct would be to protect their colony and the people within but his was just simply to protect his brother and all costs; clearly stomping on everything and anyone to get there.

“Okay Rain I’m going to make bacon how about you scramble the eggs for me okay?” This way we both had something to keep us busy and breakfast would get done quicker. Besides I trust no one when it comes to my omelets.

“What colony do you come from if you don’t mind me asking? I mean all this time together and not one of the others have said where they came from. All we know about each other is that we are the rarest and most powerful of our kind. “Rain had a point but if you knew anything about the colonies you could easily pin point which person came from where especially by the powers one had.