Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Sam was up before the sun rose enthusiastically doing all her chores. She felt such relief this morning and it wasn't just from waking up next to the hottest guy she had ever known. It was mostly because she felt free; somebody besides herself finally knew exactly what had happened that night and accepted the truth of it.

She wandered back up to the attic and quietly had a shower. When she came out Chance was still sprawled across the bed and Sam couldn't help but sit on the edge of the bed and watch him. She tweaked his nose but he just twitched at her causing her to smile more so she tried again and he swatted at her.

"Uh...Trying to sleep in." He muttered.

"Well you're probably not going to get to for at least the next year if you intend to sleep in my room." She teased him.

"Why are you even up, it's still dark outside."

"I've done all the things I needed to do and I was thinking we might go camping for the rest of the weekend." She told him happily.

"Talk later sleep now." He reached out and touched her lips with his finger.

"But..."

He grabbed her hand and yanked unbalancing her until she was laying down laughing. He rolled over almost on top of her as she chuckled at the grumpy face he was giving her. He determinedly shut his eyes and pretended to sleep.

"You so wouldn't make a good farmer." She told him.

"Sammy stop talking! Plus I would make a great farmer." He murmured to her opening one eye.

"I dare you to get up and do all my chores next week before school then."

"Fine I will if you just shush right now." He told her.

"Alright al...."

He cut her off by planting a soft kiss on her mouth. She was so surprised that all thoughts left her head and she kissed him back. With a deep groan, Chance tilted her head and deepened the kiss as Sam melted into him.

He rolled over pulling her on top of him, his hands caressing up and down her sides languidly. He broke their kiss only to drag his teeth along the tender skin of her neck. She whimpered against him as her fingers tightened in his hair.

His large hand drifted onto her bare skin and she bit back a moan at the sensations rushing through her. His sleepy brown eyes were now hot and bright as he rolled her back around so she was beneath him. She took a deep breath enjoying his woodsy scent that surrounded her.

His hands plunged into her hair as his tongue plundered her mouth. She let her hands roam free on his enticingly broad muscular chest and revelled in his groan at her fingers ministrations. She could feel the weight of him pressing onto her and for one brief second panic washed through her. Almost instinctively he drew back and rolled off her, instead holding her loosely in his arms.

"I'm sorry Sammy. I'm so sorry." He told her repeatedly. He could see the flare of panic still in her eyes, then she blinked and it was gone.

"It's okay." She finally whispered.

"I'm an idiot and I'm sorry." He reached out to brush an errant curl behind her ear and she leant into his touch as his eyes reflected his remorse.

"Chance stop and listen to me for a minute." He went quiet and she brushed her hand over his cheek enjoying the rasp of his stubble against her palm "You didn't do anything wrong. I've never had a relationship with a guy okay, so in a way I don't know if what I'm doing is even right. The thing with Luke, it freaked me out a bit. I have control issues with everything and obviously it includes this." She gestured between them and Chance finally smiled.