Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A whole week had passed by blissfully for Sam. Chance had been his wonderful self and they had spent as much time together as they could. If they weren't working on the farm or doing homework they would just sit together and talk about their lives.

Sam was enjoying herself so much that she was wondering how long it could possibly last. She had a bad feeling that Brandy had some scheme in mind but she couldn't guess what. She just kept waiting nervously for her sister to strike.

Today was the summer show and Sam wasn't particularly looking forward to attending. She had told Chance she wasn't going at all let alone as his date but he was incredibly determined for her to go. He just didn't understand what she'd had to endure at previous shows.

In all his life, Chance had never known anyone who was as stubborn as Sam. She was frustrating him with her refusal to go with him to the show. It was only when Jim came into the picture that they managed to work out a plan.

Sam stood in the kitchen a fierce expression on her face, she sighed at the two guys in front of her in annoyance. She had tried her best to avoid going to the show early let alone at all, knowing she would have to endure the stupid lunch auction. She had pleaded with both of them but to no avail, so instead she glared at them.

"I'm not going this early and you can't make me." She told them sternly.

"My little Sam you need to remember who's in charge around here." Jim chuckled at her angry demeanour.

"Uh can I interrupt this glaring and gloating session?" Lydia asked as she walked into the room.

"Sure what's up love?" Jim asked with a grin.

"It's time to go." She told them and Sam's scowl deepened.

"Listen you go in with Brandy and Chance. Take all the lunches as well and we'll be there before the auction."

"Over my dead body." Sam grunted and her mother just grinned.

"Okay, let's go then." Lydia called as she breezed back out the door. Chance got up and went over to Sam with a smile. He kissed her on the forehead then followed Lydia out of the door.

"See you there." He said turning back to smile at her.

"Not me!" Sam called out defiantly.

"Don't bet on it." Chance told her poking his head back around the door to grin at her causing her scowl to deepen further.

"What is wrong with everyone? I told him I wasn't going and I never go to the stupid lunch auction." Sam muttered angrily, not wanting to admit how she truly felt about him leaving without her.

"Well that is about to change." Jim told her with a grin.

"You wish." She muttered "You'll have to drag me kicking and screaming."

"No I won't. I know you're not happy watching him walk out that door without you. You're fingers are twitching and your toe is tapping." He told her and she knew that she would cave in because he was right.

"Fine then I'll go." Sam threw her arms up admitting defeat "Let's get moving before everyone leaves." She got up and walked towards the door.

"No."

"Why not?" Sam asked in exasperation staring at her smiling father.

"Well what are you going to wear?" He asked her and Sam gestured to her worn jeans and baggy t-shirt complete with muddy boots.

"You can't wear that to impress a boy." Jim stated mockingly.

"Well it has worked so far, what did you expect me to wear?"