Chapter 15

I somehow convinced Rehaan to accompany me for checking the CCTV footages which ultimately lead a way for escape from his question bombardment.

We both decided to leave the office by then i got a call from my dad to meet him, i straightaway went to meet him in his cabin.

He stood turned showing his back to me when i entered his cabin, "Dad" he turned to face me.

"Have a seat", he gestured me to sit. He looked quite irritated, I hope I'm not the reason behind that.

"Son i called you here to discuss some important matter and i want to hear the truth", he said and shoved his hands deep inside his pockets.

"Yes dad", i replied to him 'but depends on the question' i said to myself.

"Have you hired a detective team?", he questioned.

"Dad, I.. I was about to tell you", i tried to answer his question.

"Yes or no ", he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, i have hired one", i answered.

"May i know why?, i mean if you consider to tell me", he sounded hurt.

"Dad, please i didn't mean to hurt you", i apologized," And the truth is I'm looking for someone".

"Someone?", he questioned at me looking confused.

"Dad, actually I'm looking for a girl", i confessed.

There was silence dominating in the atmosphere as i really don't know how to explain him about my situation.

"You are looking for a girl?", i bet he is confused more now.

"Is everything alright, Arjun?, you hired a detective team to trace a girl, i really don't understand".

"Dad, i promise i will tell you everything in detail later, but for now....", i trailed.

"Actually dad I'm in love with her, i met her in Darjeeling, and I'm sure even you will like her", i tried to convince him.

"Son if you are happy with her then i have no issues, i just want you to stay happy".

"Thank you dad, you are the best ", i said in excitement.

"Come on, now give me a hug", he said opening his arms for a hug.

I gave him a tight hug, i felt happy that he has no issues with my decision, since he is the only one i have as family.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I and Rehaan left the office, today Rehaan took the incharge of driving as i was not interested to do so, we had to drive for about 25 minutes to reach the detective office, but unfortunately we got stuck in heavy traffic in the streets.

"Dude, since we have got stuck here, it may take some more time to reach the office, so...", he trailed.

"So what?", i questioned him knowing about his intentions.

"You know what i mean", he replied holding the steering.

I shook my head and said, "From where should i start?".

"You have n number of choices to start with, like how you know the guy who showed up in our office early today, or how you both enjoyed the marriage, or about the bucket list.......", he continued saying a long list but i got lost in my own thoughts remembering my days with Archi.

*Flashback*

I woke up from the bed rubbing my eyes, when i saw in the direction of the couch where she was sleeping last night i couldn't find her. Then i decided to freshen up and head downstairs 'maybe i'll find her downstairs' i thought to myself.