Chapter 8: Concealed Letters

I wake up finding myself lying comfortably at the middle of the bed without Zylle beside me. I check the clock timed 4:53 am. I stand up startled of where he could be this early. I was about to get out of the room until I take a glimpse on my reflection at the near closet mirror of how messy my hair is. Beside me is a towel, a paper bag and a note. I read the note relieved that he’s all fine.

Inscribed are the words:

If your hair is messy and stinky, take a shower the door at the left side of this room and wear the clothes in the paper bag. A guest should look nice in front of the Azorians. It’s in our code of law.

I step inside the gorgeous bathroom hidden inside the left side of the wooden door amazed with the view of sparkling marbled walls and baths customized into dark earthen shades. After scrutinizing and taking a long fresh shower and dip, I check the contents of the paper bag Zylle left for me.

It contains a white dress that only reached an inch higher than my knees, a three inch pair of black heels and another note:

After dressing up, a royal maid is waiting for you at the door.

I dress myself in the formal clothes he left me, keeping my long brown hair slightly wet and unfixed as I proceed to the royal maid outside the door having myself stumble instantly from not being used to wearing heels. The dress is somewhat beautiful and fits my body type perfectly except that I’m not used to its shortness that shows too much skin makes me conscious.

“Good morning princess.” Three royal maids awkwardly greet me along the corridors.

“Oh good morning. No need to address me that way.” I smile at them politely.

“But princess, prince Zylle might scold us.”

Prince huh? So I think it’s really Zylle’s idea. I feel more awkward with what he’s doing.

“Ah… If it’s just Zylle, don’t worry. He can’t do anything to you.”

“Sorry princess but he already warned us that you might say that. We don’t want to lose our jobs.”

Ugh. Okay. As expected of his pushy attitude.

Well, I just need to let it be. Besides, guilt might kill me if I still complain. I have pity for them for needing to follow that creature’s orders.

After a talk of letting them call me princess, they start to do something about my hair but I don’t have even a single mirror to peek in to. Oh well, that’s okay though. After that confusing hair treatment stuff, they placed irritating make-up on my face. I can’t complain because of the consequences to these royal maids that make me feel guilty.

After those long hours of annoyance, it’s finally done! So I was forced to face my own reflection on the mirror like seeing a totally different person.

Hey Xeleria, is that really you? That hair is still long but more wavy and brown.

 Those lashes blinked perfectly with those sparkling pair of brown eyes. I stare at myself trying to differentiate my old self and this stranger on the mirror.

After the treatment, they pushed and forced me to walk directly going down the staircase. I saw Zylle approaching towards me.

“Hey, do I really need to be dressed in this way? I’m not comfortable you know.” I voice out in embarrassment.