Chapter 12: Back to Earth

<Xeleria's POV> 

Secrets are more than terrifying. They mask the truth to keep you fooling yourself about happiness, but soon enough grasps that feeling of security from you once they're unlocked.

Now, I just discovered one. How many more will there be?

I've unlocked a secret… My mind's left painted on a blank white canvass on whom to trust.

I've opened a door of the truth. Will I continue to step in?

"So it was... Daniel."

Those words keep on ringing through my ears. The pain penetrates in every part of me, inundating my emotions with numbness.

I can't feel trepidation... for I have no idea on what to fear of the moment my thoughts reciprocated. 

I can't even feel resentment... for I have no choice but to go on… excluding the reciprocation of stepping back.

Without warning, I feel my frail feet striding closer towards them like almost revealing my whole body from the shadows where I hid from.

"My father…" The expressions on their faces changes to shock at soon as they hear my voice. Will they even speak the truth if I ask? Damn. I haven't even thought of that.

"What were his powers?" was all I can manage to ask for the curiosity inside me sheltered up in its shell, waiting for the time to properly inquire.

I notice their breathing relax having the thought that I haven't heard of what they've just clandestinely natter about.

"Is there any problem?" I add up to my acting.

"Err… Everything's fine. Now, let's get back to the temple." Zylle voices out like everything's tranquil about him with no worries are shown.

"No. Get her back to Earth. It's not safe here." Zora orders.

Safe? How am I supposed to feel safe? With all of these revelations?! Just how am I supposed to?!

"What if we find any other clues at the shrine?" I ask, hoping to investigate more on what I just discerned without leaving any clue of uneasiness.

"There are no more clues left. Besides, you haven't found anything when you came back. It's safer now on Earth."

There he goes again. How long do they plan to keep the secret that my father wants to kill me? But he's right. It's useless to go back. But he's wrong in one thing... I don't even know the feeling to be safe anymore.

I just nod in silence as an affirmation to his orders.

"Close your eyes. Take a deep breath..." I do what Zylle whispers just like the way I did before we traveled here in the Azorian world. Taking a deep breath makes me feel better from all the bewilderment with an understatement of confusions, but hasn't completely erased it. It most likely triggers my enragement more and more. "…let go."

Let go.

I felt something soothing but some kind of pain the moment I heard his words. It was … a different kind of pain.

Denser than just a heartache.

More suffocating than having a problem with breathing.

More mind blocking than the ringing pain in my head.

Everything was different… until it all dawned on me.

Little did I know that the truth of what I heard just registered in my mind.