Chapter 4: Emblem of Dreams

I'm sitting all alone on the chilly damp grass with the melody of grasshoppers blending in sweet solitude. Dull scotch mists forms in the sky covering the starry night seemingly like there's a strong storm that would arrive.

I check my watch pointing at 8:30 pm. I suppose that I've already been waiting for Zylle in two hours, making me feel like two decades of waiting. I don't even know if he'll come back for me as I ruminate of what danger meant to him a while back. But no matter what angle I look at, I'm still at fault for following him. I hope my mom hasn't called or else things will get more complicated. It's like there's a magnetic force attaching me to him even though my mind tells me to stay away.

Raindrops constantly fall into the night sky deluging on me. The moist feeling adds more anxiety to my mind's uneasiness. I look around in the shadowed surroundings rummaging for shade to save myself from these tiny droplets of water.

Violating Zylle's words, I start scurrying towards nowhere as the rain gets stronger, soaking me entirely in this unknown shadowy covered place. I glance back at a huge tree from afar but near enough for me to see and travel to. Water starts to splatter through my flats soaking my feet and making me freeze. As I reach the shade, I'm definitely drenched with icy rain water.

When will you come back? I'm impatiently waiting.

Angry thoughts register in my mind. All I want to do when I meet him is anything harsh and cruel because of him having to make me wait this long.

After a while, I sense movement from the trees behind me. Maybe it's Zylle. I look towards the sound expecting him to be back. Without warning, shock penetrates me as I first glance at an arrow impending towards my direction ready to strike. Adrenaline rush comes through and I utilize the trunk of the tree as my armor. The arrow hits the trunk instead of me being bulls eyed. Horrified by what happened, I sprint towards the bright side of this place where Zylle told me not to go to without even glancing back.

As I sprint along the grassy platform, the sound of the wind gets stronger, consecutively making me drenched. I hurdle behind the thick bushes hiding myself out. I shiver from terror and peek on where I came from seeing a tall figure exiting from my view. The only clear vision I see is a shiny silver chain from his pocket reflecting with the stars above and he totally can't be perceived by my sight as it goes deep further in the shadow covered trees.

He's gone.

Fear breaks inside me even if I try to calm myself down but it's not yet enough to bring myself to a normal emotion. I'm still sitting behind the bushes with a frozen body, recoiling to move. That was a big unexpected crossroad in my life.

How can I uncover the secrets behind these events that haunt me?

Unconsciously dazed, several bead of tears exits out of my eyes. I wipe them with the back of my hand, desiring to stop it. But no matter how hard I try, tears still keeps on falling. I hold back my emotions in thinking that it turn out to be will make me feel better but rather, my heart turns out to be heavier. I don't want to see myself showing any emotions of weakness to others especially on this time where I can't trust the world anymore.

The rain gets stronger blending with the flow of my tears and inundating every part of me. Suddenly, I hear footsteps approaching nearby. For now I don't mind if it's Zylle or the archer.

"Xeleria." Zylle says in a soothing voice.

I don't have the urge to answer back. He sits beside me and I look at his eyes staring straight at me.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes sincerely with the manner of his voice.

Tears continue to roll down my eyes as I stay in silence, afraid of the words that might come through me.