5~ Don't Give Up on Hope (See You Again)

May 12, 2014

{Howard's POV}

~~~~~~~~

It was time again.

I can't let him go back.

I won't let him go.

I'll beg, plead, anything!

Korey won't be able to survive this time. He was lucky to survive that last time, but this time he wont survive.

I was currently in my room, not bothering to go out. I know what would be waiting for me out there.

My brother, Korey, was packed up and ready to go back to the military, fully recovered from what happened before.

"Howard?" A voice said softly, it was Janan. I quickly hurried to unlock my door.

"Janan," I wiped the tears from my eyes and hugged her. "What are you doing here?

"I heard the news. Is Korey really leaving again?"

"Yeah," I replied, looking down at the floor, "come in." She walked into my room and I locked the door behind her.

"How're you holding up? I know you don't want him to leave."

"I just," I lay back on my bed, covering my eyes, feeling like I'm about to cry, "I don't get why he wants to leave again. He knows what happened the last time he went, yet he still goes. I don't want him to get hurt again."

"Howard," she lay next to me and hugged me, "I know how you feel. He's like a brother to me too. But I know that he can protect himself now that he knows what he's getting into. He only got a broken leg last time. He healed, and if he gets hurt again, he can heal too."

"Yeah, but that's just it. He JUST got a broken leg. What if he loses a limb, or something worse?" I didn't want to say the word, if I do, it'll just make me face the reality of what might come.

Janan sighed, "Stop thinking of what might happen. Think of what is happening right now. If you keep thinking of 'what if's' you'll miss the present and lose hope for the future. Don't ever give up on hope."

"Thanks Jan," I smiled at her and pecked her on the lips, "I'm still worried about him, but I'll try not to lose hope. I just know that I'll see him again."

"Good, now, let's go down to the going away party for your brother that's happening just downstairs." I chuckled and went down with her.

I really want to do something for my brother. And I know just what to do.

Everyone was outside. There was a large flag that said "See You Again, Korey!" and numerous red, white, and blue streamers lining all the trees of my quaint little backyard.

I spotted the microphone, I had to do this.

I grabbed the microphone and started.

"Hello? Um," I cleared my throat as I talked into the mic, "as you all may know my brother, Korey, is leaving once again into the military, and that I was, excuse me, am still worried and sad that he's leaving, but I just want to tell him something before he leaves."

I put the music on for the song. (A.N. Music on the side or top and this is not him singing btw ots just the actual song :3)

"Said goodbye, turned around

And you were gone, gone, gone

Faded into the setting sun,

Slipped away

But I won't cry

'Cause I know I'll never be lonely

For you are the stars to me,

You are the light I follow

I will see you again, oh

This is not where it ends

I will carry you with me, oh

'Till I see you again

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

I can hear those echoes in the wind at night

Calling me back in time

Back to you

In a place far away

Where the water meets the sky

The thought of it makes me smile

You are my tomorrow

I will see you again, oh

This is not where it ends

I will carry you with me, oh

'Till I see you again

Sometimes I feel my heart is breaking

But I stay strong and I hold on 'cause I know

I will see you again, oh

This is not where it ends

I will carry you with me, yeah yeah

I will see you again, oh

This is not where it ends

I will carry you with me, oh

'Till I see you again

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

'Till I see you again

Said goodbye turned around

And you were gone, gone, gone." I did it, I actually did it.

A round of applause filled my ears. I saw Korey tearing up, I walked toward him.

"I'll miss you Rey, I wont lose hope, because I know I'll see you again, so you better not lose hope too." I joked, but I hugged him. I pulled away just as Janan stepped beside us.

"Now, was that too hard?" They both said together. We all laughed.

"Group hug?" I asked.

"What kind of question is that?" They simultaneously said again, we hugged again.