Prologue

April 16, 2000

Two 5 year old kids were running around at the playground. They both wanted to go on the swing, so they ran to it. There was only one swing left open.

"You can go first." The little boy said.

"Thank you." Said the girl, "But you can go first, I can't swing by myself yet. I need to ask my mommy first."

"Do you want me to help you?"

"Huh?"

"Do you want me to push you on the swing? I'll be careful." The boy said politely. The girl thought, then smiled.

"Sure." She got on the swing and the boy went behind her.

"Ready?"

"Yeah!"

"Alright, One. Two. Three!!" He pushed her, and she went in the air.

"Whee!" The swing came back down again, the girl stopped it with her feet. "That was fun!" She realized that she didn't introduce herself. "I'm Janan. What's your name?"

"I'm Howard."

"Well, Howard, I have a feeling we'll be best friends forever!" She gave him a giant hug.

They talked up until their parents said they had to leave.

"Bye Howard! See you later!" Janan said.

"See you later!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 years later

September 7, 2007

"I can't believe it. 6th grade already." Janan said.

"Yeah. It seems like yesterday was the first time we met. I still cant believe that we were in the same school for the past 7 years." Howard stated, clearly in thought. "Just promise me one thing."

"What?" He took her hands in his, looking at her deeply in her eyes.

"Don't ever change. Not for anyone, not even me. Do what you think is best. Be as open as you can be. I know I certainly made that mistake." Janan didn't understand what he meant by that last part.

"What?" Confusion clearly shown on her face.

"You'll know soon."

If only he knew he would confess to her 7 years later....