Chapter 4

“Hi dad.” I smiled and left Evan standing there awkwardly as walked over to dad and hugged him tightly.

“How have you been?” he cooed as he kissed the top of my head and held me tightly. I sighed happily; this is what I had been craving for days now. Not being with my family was stressful, even if I didn’t get on with my mom all the time it was nice to know that they still cared about me.

“I’m getting there.” I mumbled in to his jacket.

“Who’s that?” Dad asked and nodded towards an awkward looking Evan who had his hands shoved in his pockets.

“Oh that’s Evan; he’s Logan’s body guard. He was just walking me down to a restaurant to get some food.” I answered and he nodded.

“Right well I better get on. Will you bring Logan for dinner some time next week so we can catch up?” he asked. I nodded my head quickly loving the idea of spending time with mom and dad and not being cooped up in that stupid apartment for the rest of my life.

“I’ll call you with the details!” I said with a smile.

“Good girl.” He kissed my forehead again and continued walking down the street. I walked back over to Evan and he grabbed my hand again. We walked for another ten minutes in silence before we got to the restaurant that Evan had been talking about; it was a small Thai restaurant.

“What do you feel like?” he asked with a smile. We were sitting in a booth and he had told me as we walked in that he didn’t want me too far away and told me that I had to sit next to him. He had hold of my hand and he kept leaning over and placing little kisses on my neck.

“I’m not sure … not really hungry any more.” I mumbled. I was tired and the only thing I could think about was what Logan had asked me to do. It’s like there’s a side of Evan I don’t know, he’s become very clingy and I’ve noticed when I let of his hand he’ll drape an arm over my shoulder or put his arm around my waist and pull me closer. I wish I knew what was going on, I’m starting to feel really uncomfortable with him. “I’m just gonna go to the bathroom.” I said picking up my bag and looking around the restaurant for the toilet. I found it and walked quickly. I was using the bathroom as an excuse to call Logan and find out what the heck is going on with Evan.

I locked myself in a stall and pressed a few buttons and called Logan, he picked up almost right away. “Violet?” he seemed worried.

“Hey um, can you please tell me what’s up with Evan? He’s really clingy and it’s making me nervous, he literally won’t let go of me, if I stop holding his hand he grabs my waist or my shoulder.” I said quickly and quietly.

“I should’ve told you before he left, he sometimes gets a bit rough.” He said and my eyes widened.

“You let me go out with a woman beater!” I hissed angrily. Why didn’t he say this before I left, I wouldn’t have left!

“Where are you?” he asked calmly.

“A little Thai restaurant on main street.” I answered. My heart was beating really fast and I was silently trying to convince myself that it was alright to go back out there with Evan.

“I’ll be there in five minutes, just act like everything is normal. I’m sorry, Violet, I should have told you before you left.” He sighed and hung up as I heard his apartment door slam. I put my phone away and flushed the toilet and tried to act like everything was normal.

“There you are!” Evan cooed when I got back. “I was starting to get worried I thought you might have fell in.” he joked as I slid back in to the booth and he again put a vice like grip around my waist.

“Sorry I couldn’t find my lip gloss.” I lied.

“Never mind, I ordered for you, I hope you don’t mind.” He said.

“That’s fine as long as it’s yummy.” I forced a smile and looked at the clock that was hanging on the restaurant wall. It had only been two minutes. “So tell me about you … we always talk about me. Tell me your story.” I forced another smile and tried to relax in to his grip.

“Well I have three brothers and one …” I zoned out as I randomly nodded my head and laughed when he did. I glanced at the clock again and finally I spotted Logan standing outside the restaurant. I sighed in relief knowing that this would be over soon.

“Get off my fiancé.” Logan approached the table and I grinned like an idiot this was the happiest I had ever been to see him.

“Can’t you see we’re having dinner?” Evan growled and pulled me closer to him. I cringed as his finger nails dug in to my skin.

“Yeah not anymore dude. She’s mine.” Logan said and grabbed my free hand and promptly pulled me out of the booth and laid a soft hand on my hip. He leaned forward took my bag and handed it to me. “You’re fired, so don’t bother coming to work tomorrow. I warned you.” He hissed and we walked out of the restaurant.

“Thank you.” I breathed a sigh of relief as we walked out as our meals were being brought over to the table that Evan was now sitting at alone.

“You hungry?”

“Not really, but if you are I could cook something at home.”

“Damn it, Violet, I’m asking you on a date!” he said loudly to no one in particular and I raised an eyebrow and looked at him curiously.

“A date?” I repeated.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

So it's been while since i updated this one so i hoped you enjoyed it and if you did would you be ever so kind to vote? :)