Chapter 20 - THE END

Chapter 20 – final chapter.

Its wedding day and I’ve been up since four o’clock in the morning pacing the room. I’m too young for this … why can’t we just be a couple? Why do we have to be husband and wife? Does it really have to be official? Why am I thinking like this? I love Logan I have no reason to doubt this, and besides if I did I wouldn’t have a choice anyway because it’s arranged and I can’t get out of it. This should be the happiest day of my life, I’ve always dreamed about a big extravagant wedding and today it’s going to happen! I’m getting married!

When the clock struck eight o’clock I was down stairs of the beach house and presented with a healthy breakfast of fresh fruit, juice and toast. Lucy was bouncing up and down like a toddler on a trampoline and Bree and Eva seemed pretty calm, their excitement rubbed off on me and I started to grin … a lot.

“Right we have a schedule you have a spray tan in twenty minutes, at nine the hair stylist will get here, at eleven the make-up artist will take over and finally at two it’s time to get dressed. Are you nervous?” Eva asked curiously as she rushed around the kitchen throwing dirty dishes in to the sink, typing on her phone and having three conversations at once.

“I wasn’t nervous until you said anything.” I shot her a playful glare and her eyes went wide with shock, she didn’t realise I was being sarcastic. “Sarcasm Eva I’m fine! It’s normal to be nervous on your wedding day anyway..” I dismissed and chomped on my freshly cut watermelon.

“No! Who gave you watermelon! It’s full of sugar! The last thing I need is for you to be bouncing off the walls!” She practically jumped me and snatched the piece of watermelon from my hand. I let out and amused laugh, she was way more nervous than me!

“Eva sit down and have a coffee before you hurt yourself, I’ll be fine.” I said walking to the coffee pot and getting her a big mug of coffee. I handed it to her and she nodded mouthing thank you as she took a deep breath. 

I grabbed a piece of toast and headed back towards the stairs, “I’m gonna shower quickly before I get my tan. Eva could you make sure they don’t make me look like an oompa loompa?” I asked as I walked up the stairs with Lucy and Bree following.

I showered quickly and came out in a pair of daggy shorts and a tank top. I was gonna be comfortable while getting primped and prodded. Bree smiled as I came out tying my wet hair in to a messy bun. I picked up my phone and we all head down stairs where Eva was directing the tan lady to the deck where I was about to get tanned. I stripped off  quickly kicking off my shorts and stepped in to the tent.

It didn’t take long to get tanned and before I knew it I was being dragged to a chair in the middle of the living room to get my hair done. They blow dried it and then straightened it before curling it and pinning it half up and half down. My fringe was swept to the side and the hair do was just pure elegance and I loved how it made me look and feel.

The make-up lady took over shorty after I had a salad roll for lunch. While she was organising her the make-up my phone buzzed.

From: Logan Manfred

Hey future Mrs Manfred how are you feeling? Bet you look beautiful I can’t wait to see you today! I love you!

 I couldn’t keep the grin off my face and Eva noticed me staring at the phone and typing. “Violet you cannot talk to the groom before the wedding!” She snapped walking over to me and briskly snatching my phone away. I frowned but stayed silent.

The day dragged on and my nerves were sky high when the limo arrived to take us to Doyle’s. It was time to put my dress on, this was what I had been waiting for all day! I was shaking with anticipation as I peeked out the window to see the long white stretch limousine, it had white ribbons tied on the front of the car. “Come on Vi it’s time to put your dress on.” Bree said tugging on my hand and pulling me to the stairs.