Chapter 16

A few hours have passed and a lot of things have happened. We managed to prove to everyone that we were a legitimate couple because Logan got so angry when he saw Evan. The police had caught Evan as he tried to get out of the parking lot. We had since left, but I didn’t want to go back to the apartment, so we went to Bree and Lincoln’s place.

“Are you okay?” Logan walked from the kitchen and towards me sitting on the couch. I had a cold compress to my cheek which was swollen and bruising. I also had another compress to my ankle which I had twisted when I tried to get out of the car. I hadn’t noticed it until after talking to the police. Logan had listened to me and not gone after Evan like he wanted to – but it did take some coaxing though.

He had been asking if I was alright every five minutes for the past hour and a half. It was sweet of him.

“I’m fine Logan.” I couldn’t hide the amused grin on my face. He sat next to me and handed me a cup of hot chocolate.

“I still think you should go to the hospital.” He muttered.

“Seriously, Logan, I’m fine. I just wanna relax.” I told him as I sipped on the hot chocolate. He nodded his head and shuffled closer to me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I put my mug of hot chocolate down and leaned my head on his chest. He rubbed circles on my arms with his rough fingers. I closed my eyes and tried not to think about the fact that Evan had just tried to kidnap me. He had done what Logan had been worried about in the first place: he put his hands on me.

“She can sleep in the guest bedroom tonight.” I heard someone murmur. I groaned and shifted a little before realizing that I was laying on something hard. I slowly opened my eyes and was met by Logan looking down at me with a small smile on his face.

“Are we going home?”

“Would you like to?” Logan asked. I nodded my head. I didn’t want to be a burden to Lincoln and Bree but I couldn’t say that I really wanted to be alone tonight. But I had already made it clear that I wanted to leave.

Logan got up and pulled me with him. I walked over to Lincoln and Bree and hugged them both before I went back to Logan, gripping his hand tightly. “We’ll come and see you tomorrow.” Bree told me as she walked us to the door.

“Okay.” I nodded and Logan led me out the door and down the steps towards his car. He opened the door and I hopped in. He leaned over to strap on my seat belt and kissed my head while he was at it. I smile involuntarily as he traced a finger over my swollen and sore cheek.

“Are you sure you wanna go home? Will you be alright sleeping alone? We can still stop by the hospital and get you checked out-” He started rambling and I had to cut him off.

“Logan, I’ll be fine. I don’t wanna go to hospital. I just wanna sleep and forget that he ever existed. Is that too much to ask?” I asked hopefully. I knew he was worried about me but all I wanted to do was sleep and forget all about it.

“Fine, do you wanna sleep in my room tonight?” He asked.