Chapter 2

Jess is imagined to be the beautiful cara delevingne (my wife)

After math, me and Archer head down to lunch together. I'm still wearing his beanie and his blonde hair is quiffed to perfection.
"So how did you like Ms. Ondra," I ask with a smirk. She is the French teacher and he has her after me.
"She is so great," he says with a smile. Ms. Ondra is everyone's favorite teacher. She is absolutely tiny and has short brown hair and is the nicest person in the world.
"Any other classes go ok?" I ask taking a bite of pizza. I'm a huge pizza enthusiast.
"I liked sitting next to you in math," he says with a smirk. He takes a huge bite out of his apple and I hope I'm not blushing to badly. I don't know if he's flirting or just being friendly. I tend to be bad at that.
"Did you learn the same stuff at your old school," I ask trying to keep it friendly.

Just as he's about to answer my best friends Violet, Andie, and Leo come sit with us. Andie and Violet take their seats on my sides and Leo sits next to Archer. "What are we talking about," says Violet trying get caught up in the conversation. She has been my best friend for a couple of years now. We met in 8th grade but really bonded in 9th. She has brown hair with blonde highlights, and has recently added turquoise into the mix. Andie, who I've also known since 8th grade, sits on my right. She has long, straight dirty blonde hair, like mine, and bright blue eyes, also like mine. We get asked if we are twins constantly. It gets annoying. I mean she's 5'9 and I'm 5'3. But we are totally twins guys. We also share a love of sarcasm. Leo has dark brown hair and eyes and is around 6'4. He's dating Violet, which is really the only reason I even know him, but we've become really good friends since she introduced us to him.

"Hi I'm Archer," he awkwardly says raising his hand in an adorable little shy wave.
"Archer this is Violet, Andie, and Leo," I say gesturing around the table.
"You haven't scared him off yet," Andie whisper/yells in my ear. I give her a little smack on the arm as she bursts into laughter. Boy do I love my friends. There's that sarcasm again.
Archer gives a little smirk to Andie and high fives her under the table. I glare at him and he bursts into laughter.
Archer fits in perfectly with our group of friends. And he's totally hot so that's a plus too.
"If you guys could stop making fun of me," I say nudging Andie," I was going to ask if you all wanted to come over and study after school."
"Me and Leo are going to a movie so we are out. Sorry," shrugs Violet.
"I'm going shopping with my mother so I'm out too," says Andie.
"I have no friends so I'm in," says Archer. This earns a few "same"s from around the table.
"I guess it's just us then," I say looking at my feet. Being alone with a guy I just met today is not what I had envisioned for tonight. I'm not saying I wouldn't mind though...

********

Archer's truck pulls into my drive way around 5. The doorbell wrings a minute later and my dog starts barking like crazy. He's a schnauzer poodle mix but he sounds like a German Shepard. When I open the door for Archer, Murphy, my dog, attacks him with kisses.
"Well hey there little guy," Archer says, crouching down to pet him.
"Sorry about him," I say awkwardly watching the exchange.
"My dog is the same way so it's fine," Archer assures me while standing up. I'm still wearing his beanie and he pulls it off of my head and puts it back on. This completely messes up my unruly hair and he attempts to ruffle it back into place. As we both start laughing, we make eye contact and it gets awkward. Have I mentioned I'm extremely awkward when it comes to guys?
"Well... Uh... Let's... Study then," says Archer.
"Ah screw it. It's not even that hard of stuff. I just wanted an excuse for everyone to come over," I say leading him upstairs. My parents don't get home until 6 usually so we are alone until then. Not that I wouldn't be ok with not being alone but... I'm gonna shut up now.
"New York city huh," he says motioning to the picture on my wall.
"Ya! I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with Broadway. No matter what happens though I want to end up in New York." All my life I've been a performer but I also really want to be a pediatric oncologist.
"Really? I wouldn't have pegged you as the type," he says sitting down.
"What do you mean by that," I ask suspiciously.
"I mean you seem kinda shy and awkward," he says with a shrug.
"Gee thanks," I say with an annoyed expression.
"No I mean like in an adorable kinda way. You just seem secluded. Like you would rather spend a day reading alone rather than with people," he clarifies.
"I mean I'm kinda introverted but being on stage is the best thing in the world. You get be someone completely different but be your true self at the same time. I'm awkward but I'm also an attention whore and it's nice to have all eyes on you. It just feels like everyone is accepting you," I finish, now pacing around my room.
"Well that was deep," he says with wide eyes.
"Sorry," I say brushing falling hair behind my ears, looking down at my vans.
"No no," he says standing up,"It was cool."
He's standing over me now and starts to lean in.
"Ok well I'm gonna go get something to drink. Do you want anything," I ask stepping away.
"Um no. I'm fine," he says scratching the back of his neck. " I should actually get home now, but it was great hanging out with you. I'll see you tomorrow," he says walking towards the door.
"Ok," I start following him down the stairs. He grabs his keys and heads out the front door.
"Bye," I yell after him. He gives me a nod as he gets into his truck and drives away. I can't help but feel like I just ruined something.