Chapter Twenty-Seven

Jaxon

     We were all hanging out at the studio after recording a song for our new album.

"So, Samantha told me that her manager wants you and Lesley to be an item," Luke commented as he flopped onto the sofa beside me.

Jacob looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. "Really mate?"

"Yeah, apparently they want Lesley and I to at least pretend we're together. A publicity stunt, they said. I don't want to do it though." I replied, looking at my phone.

"Why not? It's a way to distract yourself from that Grace girl. Plus your uncle is getting better, so it's about time you feel good again!" Josh protested.

"Plus Lesley is a great girl," Luke said, "I spend time with their band when I hang out with Sam during their rehearsals. She's really down to earth. Think of the double dates, man!"

I laughed, "I don't know..."

Samantha walked into the studio carrying a tray of coffee and box of doughnuts.

"Mate, I love your girlfriend. Doughnuts!" I shouted, running over to get first pick.

She laughed as she gave Luke a kiss. "Did I hear you talking about Lesley?" She asked me.

I nodded solemnly. "I'm not into the whole fake girlfriend thing. I think it's a sketchy way to get more fans- by dating someone who is also famous. If I really date someone I want it to be right."

Sam looked taken aback for a moment before she spoke. "That's really sweet Jax. I still think you should give her a chance though. She and her boyfriend broke up about a month ago and she could really use someone like you. At least take her on one date." She smiled.

I looked at her pleading face. I doubted one date would do any real harm. "Okay. Just a date."

Sam squealed happily. "I'll let her know! Does tonight work? Dinner and a movie sound good?"

I laughed, "Isn't it me who's supposed to do the planning?"

"Oh well, it's already taken care of!" She smiled cheekily. "Lesley will meet you at the restaurant at eight."

-->@A�&�b�