1. I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

I walk down the hallway with all eyes on me. It's no big deal though, I was used to it. I was the popular girl, cheer captain, girlfriend of the football captain, the cliché of every high school. Everybody wanted to be my friend. It was sickening to see how desperate they all were.

Yet, it was good to be welcome and wanted for once.

I walked past the nerds to my locker. My boyfriend, Josh, was already there with my best friend Melisa. I waved to them and when I reached, he kissed me on the lips. I hoped that he would keep it short, but he only pulled me closer.

Josh was the kind of guy who would show off obsessively until others became borderline uncomfortable.

"Josh please." I mumbled.

"Babe, don't be like that." he said, making me feel out of place and awkward. I softly pushed him off me and gave him an apologetic smile, but his gaze was locked angrily behind me.

"What's your problem, nerd? Or is it punk, you confused piece of shit?" Josh said.

I hastily turned around to see a pale boy, probably in our grade, with red bits in his jet black hair. His face was tomato red with embarrassment.

"I-s-sorry." he stuttered, blushing deeper.

"Sorry? You new here? Have a problem?" Josh said, making the guy even more uncomfortable.

"I've b-been here since k-kinder-g-garden." the poor guy stuttered.

"Do I look like I actually fucking care?" said Josh, walking past me to try and overpower the red haired boy.

"Next time, rather than staring at me and my girl doing things you probably never ever will, just look away, get it?" Josh said. He went to stand over him in an attempt to intimidate him, but it failed miserably since the pale boy was at least 2 inches taller than him. Yet he muttered a hasty apology and walked away quickly, with what appeared the tears in his eyes.

I watched him scurry away with his head hung low. I could hear people shamelessly commenting on his appearance; the tight jeans and colored hair. Also, his obvious embarrassment in the background, complete with Melissa's snickers. I was used to Josh pointlessly bullying others, but this struck a nerve, oddly enough. Probably because it brought back memories I didn't want to remember.

The words...

The way he said them...