Heading back to GUN

Jerry started the car,  backed out of the parking lot and drove down the long road back to GUN. It was warm inside the car once the heat had kicked in. Sonic had fallen back asleep in the back seat of the car.  His head leaned against the  car door. 
Shadow was still awake, he was just quiet.

Gary and Jerry didn't say anything as they drove. It took them an hour to get back.  The car radio all of a sudden started to play  a Michael Jackson song, You are not alone.

Shadow sang the words quietly. He took a few glimpses over at Sonic.
Sonic looked peaceful, he was quiet as he slept.
Sonic's chest rose and fell with every breath he took of air.

Jerry: we're almost there.

Shadow sadly said: ok.

Jerry: I'm sure things will be fine.

Shadow: I'm not so sure.

Jerry:  it's about the whole  death thing isn't it?

Shadow: Yeah....

Jerry was silent as they pulled  up into the parking lot.

Gary gently shook Sonic to  wake  him up.  Sonic awoke.

Sonic: huh, what?

Gary: We're here.

Sonic: oh ok.

Once they were out of the car, Sonic looked up at Shadow.  Shadow looked back at the blue hedgehog, he smiled a little at the other. Sonic smiled back.

Jerry led the way down the hall, passing the secret room where Gerald was killed in.

Gary: Sonic, come with me.  I'll  treat those deep scratch marks that are on you.  Shadow stood still for a moment same for Jerry.

Sonic gently hugged Shadow, he accidentally touched the cut that was on Shadow's back.  Shadow didn't cry out but it did hurt when Sonic touched the cut.

Garry and Jerry noticed that Shadow was in pain, they could tell from his facial expressions.  Jerry went behind Shadow and noticed the deep cut on Shadow's back.  There was also dry green blood on Shadow's back.

Jeff: Shadow, go along with Sonic and Gary, your back looks like it needs to be patched up.

Shadow: ok. 

They went into a hidden room, it was another lab. Two tables in the middle of the room,  a desk and a window plus a counter top, drawers, metal tools for surgery, band aids and a bunch of other things.

Gary: ok, Shadow I need you to lay  down on one of the tables and Sonic, you need to sit on one of the tables. 

Shadow laid down on the table to the left, his backside facing upward.
Sonic sat down on the  other table.
Gary examined Shadow's cut first then He moved on to Sonic.