Chapter 5

Delphie's POV

I don't know how to respond. Every one has there own story on how that ended up here, and usually I don't care a bit about it. But something thing time is edging me to care, to put trust in this girl. No, that will only lead to more pain and sorrow and I can't handle anymore of that. If I could I would take my own life, but I can't bring myself to do so. It's almost like someone or something is refusing to let my heart be unbound in chains that cut so deep.  for some reason unknown to me I feel less pain ever since Faith came to this brothel. When I first saw her I wanted to save her but so far it appears to be going the other way. I thought her life was perfect before this. Why didn't she just forget about Jesus, and forget about god. Can't she see that he doesn't care.

"I'm sorry about what I said before." I say trying to comfort her as she lays in my arms almost lifeless, tears running down her face as she stares blankly at the ceiling. "It, it's ok." she whimpers out. "Please, just trust me. I hate this place as much as you. But I just want to get out of here, and I won't let these walls trick me into believing I can't. " She says snapping back to reality. " I'm leaving this hell hole and Lord willing I'm taking you with me"

As she said those last words I saw a spark in her eyes. Her determination so strong that I almost believed that she could get us out. I give a saddend smile in response. If she wants to believe it I won't stop her. Maybe we will get out of here. Or maybe she will end up giving up like the rest of us broken by this life.