Chapter 25: The CountDown

Chapter 25: The Countdown

Northern Hill Mountains, 3 months later...

It was around 10 am and Naruto was training in his sword technique. Flip, after flip, swing after swing, Rin was watching from the log she was sitting on. During those three months, Naruto talked to her about his training with the Minashu Clan and Kaito. She saw that he was skilled; it was evident in his swing. Naruto jumped back and with the sword extended to the far right. He then threw the sword in the air. Using the Hiraishin, he was now in the air. Doing a 360 with the sword, he landed on the ground. Naruto spun the sword in his hand; he smoothly sheathed the sword.

Naruto was happy about the progress that he made with the Hiraishin. Granted, he still couldn't teleport infinite distances with the seals off, he was still making progress. When the seals were active, he could teleport at a further distance. Naruto decided to keep the seals at his current level, 4. At the lower levels the distance for the Hiraishin increased greatly, but he needed to increase the distance. His theory was to train at level 4 and be able to travel great distances at this level. Training like a man possessed, his distance increased with the seals active and he didn't use up chakra as quickly as he did in the past months. Naruto knew that he had to get it together, he had one month tops. At least he had four out of seven techniques of the sword down. His goal was to get down the next technique for the sword and master the Hiraishin completely. The Kage Bunshin training helped a lot, without it he would be nowhere near where he was at now. Creating a large number of Kage Bunshin's, Naruto had each performed the Hiraishin. He was determined to master this technique with the seals on and off.

Rin was still watching in amazement. Naruto had a lot of stamina and he worked harder than anyone she knew. Thinking about Naruto, she remembered their conversations during the months that pasted. One was about her leaving. It was simple; she had seen too much death and wanted to get away from it all. She informed him how she loved being a medic-nin and training with Tsunade and other medics during her younger years; however, the deaths of her love ones ultimately led to her decision. She remembered when Kakashi told her that he was going to join ANBU two days before she left. Rin decided then to leave. She couldn't stand losing someone else and the death rates in ANBU were high. She figured that if she isolated herself without contact, then she wouldn't have to worry about losing anyone. It really didn't help, she thought about Kakashi almost everyday. When Naruto informed her that he was alive, she was more than relieved, but she thought that her staying away was for the best. That's until Naruto put it all in perspective for her.

Flashback...

Rin had just told Naruto her story, about Obito, his father, Kakashi, and her reason for leaving.

Naruto decided to give his opinion of her leaving the village, "Nothing gets solved when you close yourself off, it just makes matters worse. Running, hiding, and being afraid are what cowards do. You took and easy way out. Everyone loses loved ones. My reason for being here is to protect them and make sure that it doesn't happen again. Granted you couldn't save Obito, or Yondaime, what about Kakashi? Life is too short, Rin-san."

End of flashback...

Rin knew he was right. But could she really go back to the Leaf after all of these years. Kakashi was heart broken when she told him that she was leaving, but she did it for her. Maybe she was selfish, but she couldn't take back the past. Rin broke herself from her thoughts to see Naruto give it his all. Sure, she kept her skills sharp, but it was clear Naruto was stronger both mentally and physically than she could or would ever be. She admired the boy for that. In many aspects, he was like the Yondaime, yet he was different. Oh how she missed the good old days.

Konoha...

Hinata was sitting by the edge of the lake enjoying the calm and the silence. Three months had passed and all of the branch members now had the seal removed, only to have it replaced with the "Triquetra" seal. There was still tension between the Hyuuga that were a part of the branch and those a part of the main house. It was to be expected, but as years progress, Hinata was certain that it would all fade. She on the other hand was enjoying her life as an ex-ninja. When she told Hanabi, the girl wasn't too happy about it, but she respected her decision for it. Neji wasn't too thrilled either, but it didn't matter because she was happy, and that's what counted.