Chapter 3

After my failed attempt at befriending Marco, one thing was clear to me.

"We need a new idea."

"What?" Krista exclaimed, "my idea's great."

"Yeah, if you're willing to wait at least two years."

"What do you mean?" Krista tilted her head like a confused squirrel.

I sighed, "they're both guys. Which means they have an idiotic amount of pride. They're not gonna talk about their feelings and all that crap because someone's trying to hint at them to get together. They need a huge shove."

Krista nodded, still dubious.

"Also," I added, "I kinda failed at the whole 'befriending Marco' thing."

"So what's your plan?" Krista asked.

"Oh no," I said, "Im not making a plan either."

"Soo then...?"

"I know someone who can make a plan though." I said, "and, she owes me a favour."

.......................................................

The person I was talking about was, of course, the gluttonous Sasha Braus. She owed me a favour after I carried her to her bed when she passed out. I mean, technically she doesn't know she owes me a favour because she was unconscious. But it was Sasha, so I doubted I would have any problems.

It took me only about five minutes to track Sasha down, she was sitting on a bench behind a tree. (I wasn't even aware we had benches.) She was talking to someone who I couldn't quite see. I walked in her direction. Finally I could see the other person, it was that guy she was always with, Collin or something like that. I kept walking towards them, and almost made it to the tree when.... Horror.

They started making out.

A chill ran up my spine.

Shit, they're a... I shuddered, couple.

Again, I almost retreated back to the dorm. But I'd already humiliated myself with the Marco thing, and I refused to let that be for nothing.

I approached slowly, terrified of the humans eating each others faces. Finally I was in front of the disgusting creatures.

"Uhhh...." I wasn't sure if they were capable of communication.

Sasha and whats-his-face looked up at me. I avoided eye contact, didn't want to turn into stone.

"I need a favour from you."

Cammie pointed at his face, "me?"

"No, not you Charlie, I meant Sasha."

"My name's Connie"

I ignored him, "Sasha, Krista and I need you to come up with an idea so Jean and Marco will end up like... This." I made a wide gesture in the general area of Sasha and Corbin.

There were several seconds of uncomfortable silence in which I was expecting them to tackle me and eat my flesh.

"I'll help too." Connor spoke up.

"Really?" Sasha exclaimed, her face brightening.

"Yeah," the bald guy said, crossing his arms and nodding smugly. "I am, after all,  one hell of a romantic. Besides,"  he turned his head to Sasha, "I can't have Ymir steal you away from me."

Sasha giggled and they started making out again.

Shit, it started again.

"... Okay." I backed up slowly, "... Bye."

Connie raised his hand in a wave without turning his head.