Chapter 9

Annabelle was on her way to her Ancient History class and she dreaded every step she had to take on route pulling her closer to confrontation with Zander. As she turned left her eyes landed on the pinklipped-tightskirt-highheeled "plastic" girl (as Annabelle liked to call her) Mindy, who was practically lunging over Daniel with a flirtatious smile, her cleavage showing. In the past few days with Daniel, she had come to know how uncomfortable he felt around these predators but what could she do . And at that moment she felt powerless but how she wanted the locker door to mysteriously open and smack Mindy on her head. BANG!! The second the thought slipped her mind, her wish came true and Mindy was down. Daniel stood there startled and glanced at Annabelle as if she was the one who did it. Everyone came running towards Mindy except Annabelle who was anchored to the ground . What in the name of Gods? How could it be? Did she do it? No no.......but ....... maybe she was just lucky.... a mere coincidence, were the many thoughts crossing her mind.

Passing the huge crowd, she entered her classroom. Her eyes first drifted to the seat where HE was supposed to be but today there was no sign of him. Relieved but disappointed at the same time at Zanders disappearance, a smirk made way on her lush lips. Before she could further think about it Coral entered the classroom and her bubbly personality took over Annabelle's mind as she allowed her chiming voice to occupy her thoughts.

C: "Mindy just got owned. That b**** just got smacked by a sheet of metal!"

A: "Whoa! Language Coral. Sheesh! "

Rolling her eyes at Annabelle's comment she continued with a mischievous smirk ,

C: "yeah , whatever. So any news on your long lost lover. "

A: " what?! Who? "

C: "aw come on ! Give me a Z ! An A ! a N ! a D ! a E ! a R ! Go ZANDER! "

Annabelle blushed furiously at her cheerleading as she shouted in a room full of sane alive people.

A:(whispering with ferocity) "He is NOT my lover and never will be. He is just my- aaah- a psych playing with me"

C: " look who's so possessive ..... oooooo!!!!! And yeah i am sure he is playing with y'all."

Annabelle's eyes widened at this.

A: "Coral! No! I told you that...."

Annabelle was cut off mid sentence by Professor Huntsman entrance into the class.

C:" (whispered) this conversation has not ended love!"

Annabelle rolled her eyes and started to read the chapter assigned. Throughout the lecture Coral didn't get a chance to light up the conversation again because she was busy drooling over the professor but the word "lover" kept on playing in Annabelle's mind like an annoying ringtone. She felt euphoric on that assumption a tiny part of her hoping for it to be true.......

*********************************************************************************************