Chapter 5

It seemed as if the entire class was hypnotized. There he was standing, making all gods of Olympus jealous. It seemed as if goddess Athena herself would like to have an affair with him.   

The scent that had filled the air around her now disturbed her and itching and burning had started in her nostrils. Then he came towards her, well more specifically, in front of her. Her heart fluttered in her chest, she could practically hear the loud thump of her heart beating madly ouy of control, so loud that she felt embarrassed.  Blood rised through her veins into her cheeks, making her cheeks crimson as she stared into his dark eyes, more like the colour of charcoal, framed by long, thick black eye lashes, losing her train of thought.

Right there at that very moment, he leaned down, rolled a lock of her hair on his middle and fore finger, closing his eyes, he inhaled the lock. His white features: the hard square of his jaw, the softer curve of his lips, the straight line of his nose, the sharp angle of his cheekbones, the smooth marble span of his forehead – partially obscured by a tangle of raven black hair that looked devastatingly and inhumanly  beautiful, was a face one would mainly see on the air brushed pages of a fashion magazine or painted by an old master as the face of an angel in a majestic paintings.

They stood in that position for what seemed like an eternity and then he put his finger under Annabelle’s chin. His touch felt as if it sweeped beneath the surface of her skin, right through the bones of her face. The sensation of tingly, electiric – it jolted through her bones, down her spine and trembled in her stomach. He lifted her face up, to make eye contact. Annabelle felt like she could see all the way into his soul and he could do the same.

To free her gaze from his eyes that had imprisoned her glance, she turned her head in bewilderment to stop the eye contact. She blinked for the first time in astonishment when he said, more appropriately,  commanded, “Don’t look outside, you belong to me”

Just like that, he left and went to sit at the back of the class in the darkness. Annabelle tried her best to stop herself from turning so she sat stiff and rigid. Before Coral could get a chance to say something, Professor  Huntsman entered and demanded everyone’s attention.

Daniel’s P.O.V

“He is back. Daniel, HE IS BACK.” Mike came running, crying out, and expressing great perturbation. I and Gabe were already indulged in a conversation regarding what Mike thought he learned. Gabe looked up and away from my face to address Mike, “We already know about it Mike, sit, quick.”

Mike pulled out one of the chairs to get himself seated to join us in our perfervid conversation concerning the arrival of a ruthless and savage person in school who came with hideous intentions… simply hideous and ugly intentions. There was barely anyone present in the cafeteria except for a few students who did not have a class to attend and some who had more significant matters, like us three.

“What is he doing there where Annabelle is… is he there to… WHY IN THE HISTORY CLASS... Obviously to…” Gabe left his words incomplete as all of us three had a perfect idea of what the boy intended. I stared nowhere at all. I knew I needed to be more heedful and vigilant, I knew what that boy was there for and letting him harm Annabelle, I could not ever let that happen.

“It is my duty, and yours, to protect her, keep out of harm's way, especially from him. We need to be extra vigilant. Never let out of your minds the purpose of us being here. We hold no space for any sort of negligence, okay?” I spoke, reminding Gabe and Mike of how they need could not risk being distracted from their purpose. I looked at both of them, with Gabe's emerald eyes shining with determination, and Mike with his jaw firmly set. I knew our trio would be taking no prisoners.