Bring it

"Heh, yeeeeeah....I kinda did die." Naruto said sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

"..." Was everyone's response. "WHAT?!" They all yelled together.

"Yeah, you see, what happened was-" Naruto stopped, debating on weather he should tell everything. He opted to just tell how he died.

"Well I was sleeping under a tree when suddenly a fruit dropped on my head. It hurt pretty damn bad by the way. My stomach started growling and so...I ate it."

Everyone stared at his stupidly simple reasoning. "An unknown fruit." Shikamaru started.

"And you just decided to eat it..." Sakura finished.

"What's wrong with that?" Chōji put his two cents in.

"Is that why you died?! Kami, you really are a dobe!"

"Yup. And. It. Was. Excruciating. I died a painful death, but after that I became what people classify as life itself." Naruto said proudly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sasuke asked.

"It means I hope you worked on your lightning, cuz your affinity does nothing to me!" Naruto stated grinning like a maniac, turning his hand...into fire.

"I inherited the power of a frie-brother's, older brother. His name was Portgas D. Ace, one of the best damn men I've ever met." Naruto said quietly looking at the ground with a soft grin. He then shifted the mood with a challenge.

"I'm not trying to brag- oh who the hell am I kidding, of course I am. You guys gotta hurry and catch up, it's lonely at the top!" Naruto stated with a grin filled with confidence.

The first person he got a reaction out of was Sasuke, then Kiba. Eventually, everyone reacted, even Hinata, who used her time away from Naruto to excel as one of the leaf's top taijutsu experts and steeling her heart and resolve. The only ones who didn't react as the others, were team Ino-Shika-Cho. Ino, because of her interest in him, Chōji because he didn't see Shikamaru fussing and Shikamaru because he was the best analyzer/tactician of the Konoha 12, he noticed something.

'That's not his grin from before. Before it was the grin that followed up something he couldn't do but bragged about anyways. That grin...he's serious. What have you been doing these past 2 years?' He thought to himself.

"Alright then, how about a spar?!" Kiba exclaimed. Naruto looked at him with a blank face. "Kiba, if you faced me as you are now, you're going to have a bad time."

"What did you sa-"

"If you train for a month before fighting me, you're going to have a bad time." Naruto suddenly grew a sharp grin. "But who am I to demote violence." With his aura, the others swear they could see the outline of a Sphinx behind him. A lion with the wings of an eagle.

"...nah I'm good. I am good. You just stay right on over there buddy." Kiba said, but Sasuke stood tall, smirking.

"You stayed true to your promise. But you aren't the only one who tra-"

"HOLD IT YOU LITTLE SHITS!" Everyone noticed Tsunade a bit angry. They then saw the repercussions of Naruto's display of power. Her neatly stacked and well organized paper work was everywhere, some even flew out the window but they could see ANBU running around catching them.