Chapter 2:The Weird Dream

I felt a gentle hand caressing my face.

I tried to wake up but a voice said, as if trying to assuage the heavy pain that I feel,"Shush, you've suferred more then enough, Zellie, sleep, 'kay, sleep. You needed it more than me, I don't want you to risk some scanty sleep." It was Martina.

I stifled a yawn,and nodded. I checked the time like I always did before going back to sleep- way past midnight.

To sleep, I tried. Battling the incredible fiery pain in both my thighs and back, I struggled to curl up to a comfortable position in the bed.

At long last, I slept.

But I had the weirdest sensation ever that something unusual is gonna happen. And it won't leave me.

I have had beautiful dreams but in a dream as I soundly slept, I saw Kyle standing in the middle of nowhere, more like a white blank space. I called for him out loud but he only smiled and waved... Suddenly he vanished.

I awoke with a startling expression, and Martina found me crying.

"I-i saw Kyle...I knew it's him-it's him! Kyle....Kyle!!!"I gasped,trying hard to find my self-nature.

Martina tried not to cry, but she soothed, "Zellie,it's okay. It's just a dream, a bad dream, really. I changed my mind, 'cause I'm not gonna get your allowance."

"I saw him, Martina,really. It's him!"I protested.

"Don't worry."she continued, soothing me.

"I think I won't able to sleep
anymore, Martina."I said, rubbing my eyes.
"So do I, Zellie, with you like that, well, I guess not."she answered.

Okay, with that, we didn't sleep.
I told her the dream properly, trying not to cry and she only sighed.

"Maybe, it was foreshadowing, don't you think?"she said uncertainly.
"I don't even think so, Martina.But I felt it so eerily."I said,choking the words down.

"I guess, but foreshadowing is really some kind of serious business. I saw an article or two about foreshadowing in an astronomy magazine, like 3 weeks ago, and I can't fathom if it could happen."

I cried again.

"I hope against all hope it won't foreshadow, in the least. You and I know that Kyle is a really good friend, and I'm positive that freaking dream won't come true. We knew him almost all our lives, sis,and we also know he's quite a headstrong young lad."she continued as she patted me and gave me tissues.

I nodded, and finally sobbed.

She's right, and in the moment, I need to find control of myself or else I'd go paranoid... Like 2 summers ago, but I don't wanna talk 'bout it.

---

In the daylight (Saturday it is), after lunch, I went on Twitter and dm-ed Kyle to check if he's online.

I felt my hairs stand on end and chills started to race through my spine as he wasn't replying.

1 minute, 10, 20, 25, still no reply.

By now, I told Martina that he wasn't responding and I'm starting to worry.

She only suggested if Kyle doesn't reply, I should try calling or texting him. I did.

Unfortunately,he missed my calls and perhaps, he did not read my text messages.

So that left me no other choice.

Frantically, I dm-ed Tarah asking her,"Tarah, can you meet me at Seattle's Best Coffee. 2 pm, is it alright?"

I added,"Want to tell you something. Urgent."

In two minutes,she replied."Fine. See ya. Hope you'd escape from your adopted brother."
I laughed so hard.

Good thing she's online.

---
2:10 p.m.

I'm now waiting here at Seattle's Best Coffee when Tarah came and waved at me. She motioned asking what to order for snacks.I made gesture to only order for my favorite: cappuccino.

As she took a seat she said, "Sorry, dear, I'm late. I just met with my cousins from Massachusetts because they're on vacation, hope you understand."

I smiled gently, as if to hide my anxiousness about our topic.

"So what the topic??"she anxiously said,"You couldn't have asked to see me without anything to say, Zellie."

Yeah right.I thought.

"Well,have you heard anything about Kyle since last night's party? I'm worried."I said.

"Why? You have secret feelings for him, eh???"she teased.
"What? No"I said, realizing that she's teasing,"of course not! You and I know that I would like a lad more loving, caring and responsible! He's a nice lad and all but no, I don't have feelings for him, Tarah."

Pausing, I added, "He's got you remember? I wouldn't want him for me."

"But why are you asking about him as if you're having secret feelings for him?"she inquired while laughing so hard.

I explained briefly the dream I had concerning Kyle.

She shuderred. And the lull continued.

Finally she spoke, "That's strange and creepy if you ask me. I hope it won't happen."

"So you believe in foreshadowing? Or the like?"I asked.
"Nope!"she cried, spooked out.

Great, just great,I thought, if this freaking dream continues to haunt me, I'm gonna go ballistic,and I really mean it.

She then got scared herself since she's closer to Kyle than anyone of us and changed the topic, which was fine by me.

"Hey, when can we go shopping?"she inquired, glancing at the ceiling.
"Huh, for what?"I asked.
"Well, to donate to the street children in Massachusetts. I'll have it sent with my cousins once they come back there." She says lovingly.

Better topic than some spooky nightmare. Might as well go shopping today.I decided.

"Great idea, Tarah. Let's go shopping today!"I smiled.

So that's basically we did. Clothes, shoes, food,books, you name it, we bought it.

By evening, we parted. I went home and I was surprised that Brandon's  still not there, only Martina.

"Hey, have you taken your dinner yet? How's your talk with Tarah?"she said as I entered in.
"Not yet, but I feel like skipping dinner. And she's fine as always, by the way."I cheerily said.

"Hey, got news from the school, I forgot to tell you"she called,"we're starting on the second week of September."
"That's cool."I said.

I went up to the balcony in our room.
Martina joined in some moments later because I guess she's kind of spooked out being alone downstairs and saw me.

"Mind if we can talk? Heart to heart?"she asked.
"About what?"I said without looking at her.
"Well,we've known each other all our lives, guess we might do something special."
"Do what?"
"Pinky promises."
"Martina! What are we,kindergartners?"

"No, just do it. For the wits."She said.
"All right!".
"Besties today...tomorrow...and forever?"she asked.

I repeated her words and we locked our fingers together.

We then looked up the beautiful starry night sky. A shooting star fell. We grinned happily at each other. She leaned on my shoulder and that was fine by me.

Yep, we're besties, no matter what, and until the end.

And I hope we would go through good and bad times...