Chapter 10: Rainbows, Love, & Acceptance

Brandon Edward
The P.O.V. (The Continuation)

It has been months since I first started wandering around and around to look for her. Part of me, feels really hopeless now. A big part of me though, is still determined to look for her.

The girl, a no ordinary girl, I'm looking for is Jewelle Kryzelle Santos.

I am so not going to give up that easily. I will one day find her, and she will hear the word she yearns to hear like the beautiful melody of orchestra. I repeatedly thought to myself just so I could continuously kindle the long-yearning fervor in me to look for her.

Tonight, I staggered in this motel that said nice accommodation and state-of-the-art sleeping beds in its advertisement for the first time in ages as I don't bother that much with motels as I do with hotels (I do not see the difference, okay?), which I guess Martina would not like even with the manipulating advertisement there because it doesn't look qualifying for a motel at all.

"Good evening sir! What brings a gentleman like you here sir?"the receptionist greeted me.

I cursed inwardly at her. I do not like her. Or maybe those words she just said are just part of her odd work. I don't know.

"I would like a solo room please. For two days. And what brings me here in this part of the city, you may ask, is I'm looking for someone." I courteously replied as I gave the needed documents for a nice check-in.

As the receptionist worked on some documents, she jokingly told me on,"Really sir, that's nice of you. A girl maybe? I assume you are her knight-in-shining-armor! How marvelous this is! Fairy tales really do come true, don't they, sir?"

I gulped my own darn saliva. She went on like this for what seemed forever. It was really getting in on my nerves.

Instead, I concentrated instead on my goal: Finding Zellie. Reminds me of a cute movie from our childhood days.

"Miss, I don't want to interrupt you from your talking," I muttered politely,"but are you done with the papers? I really need a place to stay in for the night."
"Oh, right you are, sir. Please give me a minute, and I'll hand you the key. Thank you sir." The receptionist replied back.

I surveyed the whole lobby while waiting. I was right. It didn't neither seem fit for a motel nor would a place that Zellie or Martina might consider to stay in. The ceiling was quite thatched and horrid smells of smoke reeked coming from the washroom and from some other areas nearby filled the lobby's corridors. Would a security company have approved of buildings such as this? I think not...

"Mr. Ibañez," The receptionist called,"here are your documents. And here is your key. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me down here. Have a pleasant night and thank you for staying with us."The receptionist handed me my things and I made my smile that I naturally reserve for people that I feel awkwardly stupid.

I walked a few steps away when I felt something that kind of urged me to ask the receptionist if Zellie came this way. Was somebody or something leading me closer to her? Surely somehow, it would give a sign that I'm in the right track in hopes of finding her.

"Miss," I glanced at her name plate for the first time ,"Miss Nina, may I ask a question before I proceed to my room?" I hesitatingly queried when I came back to the reception's table. Luckily, there was nobody for her to attend.
"Of course, sir." she replied.
"This will quite a weird question to ask but have you seen this girl or someone looking like her that came this way before me?" I handed her a picture of Zellie.

She checked her records for a few minutes and said, "There has been a girl exactly like in the picture that came here at the same time of night some months ago. She was about to reserve a solo room for herself but suddenly she declined and told us she'll just come back for the room because she has to get her money from the bank. She never came back, though. She's quite a creepy, distraught girl in my opinion. Why sir?"