Chapter 4: Raindrops & Vengeance

I saw everyone got panicky after hearing the alarm, and man, so did I. People started running around in all these different directions, and I hope no one gets trampled in these commotions.

I ran like a cheetah and yet with the grace of a vixen (can you believe it?) to an obscure and super crowded hallway that led to the Ampitheater entrance, because well, it's where we all should have to go.

But unluckily, I ran out of breath. So I rested and sat near a locker, still panting like a dog.

A few minutes later,I saw a creepy and shadowy figure running towards me...

I felt chills running hard on my spine,and for once I thought it's the Slenderman coming to get me, because lately, I have been playing that game and also watching a lot of horror movies, particularly Conjuring and Coming Soon.

But then....

It was Tarah. Oh goodness, for once, I thought...

She's still a long way off me, but I called her and nervously grinned.

She ran more quickly towards me now. I am quite shocked to see that Kyle is not with her, since they are super close together and it's rare to see them apart.

"Where-Where's my sister, and...and where's Kyle? I thought you were together." I said in a greeting tone.

"I saw her running towards the Ampitheater...She's quite hurrying...and in good condition too...as for us...Kyle and I were in West Hall, if you could remember..."she stated breathlessly.

I nodded and motioned for her to continue.

"Kyle.... He got mobbed.... with the people hurrying out the campus. I kind....I kind of panicked too so I thought of finding you instead."she told me.

"Okay, then. We need to find them. And we need to get out of here."I moaned.

We then heard an eerie sound of a helicopter just directly above the school and some gun shots.

"Gee, you're right, Zellie, but how are we gonna get out? It might be... d-dark in h-here but scary people might come and, you know, d-do the worst case scenario to us."she baby-talked.

I seriously said,"Two words. Follow me."

We crept on all fours towards another exit away from the Ampitheater entrance,which led us to the front porch where we saw a lot of people huddling each other, positively scared.

Then we saw some men emerging down from a helicopter, which I assume was the same helicopter Tarah and I heard a while ago, wearing black—from head to toe. All were wearing masks and had highly expensive-looking guns.

We saw Kyle and Martina not far from where we are. We celebrated in hushed tones as we were some sort of reunited.

But then...

To the surprise of us all,a gun man jerked close to him a young child about the age a preschooler as far as I can tell. He threatened to shoot the child if his boss wasn't allowed to enter this school.

I'm pretty sure their boss was none other than the Andersons.

No one tried to move a muscle and the silence became deafening with each moment but then...

"Let the child go, mister, it's a child. And he doesn't deserve any harm to come upon him." I heard Kyle say.

"Kyle, what are you doing??"I whimpered.                                                                                                "Winging it out,"he said,"it's a form of child abuse, Zellie, and it's not right."