Blue.

John's POV

"Shall we begin?" Sherlock asked, walking us over to the blanket.

Seeing as everything was all set up, we began to dig in automatically. Sherlock seemed a bit hesitant to the eating part, but he got through it.

"So can I have some answers now?" I asked grabbing my cutlery.

"Not yet, wait until after dinner." 

We had both been served a medium rare steak with a mix of vegetables and mashed potatoes, which was amazing. 

'Second greatest meal of my life.' I thought as I finished up.

Sherlock had pushed away his meal a while ago, and seemed to be lost in his thoughts. His hands were up in a steeple position almost as if he were praying and his eyes were open but slightly clouded over.

"Sherlock?" I asked tentatively to see if he'd react.

Nothing.

"Mr. Holmes?" I said a bit louder now, but still the same effect.

Nothing at all.

I poked his shoulder and he whipped his head towards me.

"I-I'm sorry, you just seemed..." I stuttered, his blue eyes staring into mine.

His eyes were really blue. Not the ordinary sky blue, or the colour of the paint flaking off of the old shed in the back of the field, or even the little flowers that spring up by the side of the road. His eyes were blue like the sea, crystal clear blue- shimmering and crashing and churning. Looking into his eyes you could hear the waves falling against the shore, see the foam flying into the air. His eyes were blue like the sky right before the sun disappears- dark rich indigo, with specks of wild colours here and there. His eyes were blue like that warm wool sweater that you put on when the air gets that chill- comfortable, warm, familiar. His eyes were that kind of blue. His eyes were intense, and unlike the rest of him they weren't at all expressive, they were cold, like ice. Most blue eyes are so captivating you swear that you could just dive into them with the peak of awe nipping at your facial features, but when you peered into his frozen irises you feel an electrical chill run down your spine, through your body making your features numb, like ice. Every tendril of various shades of incandescent striking white-blue staying lined up next to one and other making his eyes them selves seem like a white tundra, its as if a blizzard is eternally raging on with a black void in the centre that are her pupils. They don't capture light, but defy it, they're so blue that they literally glow.

'Did I really just get all that from looking in his eyes? I must have it bad...' I mused to myself.

"Its-its fine, John." He replied, still staring into my ordinary brown eyes.