spaced out.

"Yarii ? .. Baby say something.. Anything" 

My feet wouldn't let me move, my mouth became dry as I tried to gather words to say but nothing came out,

I couldn't believe this was happening. As I stood at the bottom of the stairs.

My father walked in taking off his jacket and loosening his tie, I stared at him blankly and just burst into tears.

"Daddy why didn't you tell me that we were moving huh?"! I screamed as the tears streamed down my face.

He looked at me with saddened eyes and began to speak but he just stood there scratching at his stubbled chin hairs, before he started talking he let out a loud sigh and said.

"Yari baby it's just we've been going through some roughs times lately my businesses are falling short and we can't afford to keep staying here."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, everything we had come to build was falling into pieces, my father always made sure we were good.

He said everything would be good. I thought to myself as I flopped down on the stairs and held my head in my hands.

my mother came and sat beside me as she rubbed my head as I let the tears fall.

"What about the performing arts? And my dance classes daddy huh?" I blurted out.

As my father stood there with his eyes focused on the floor I could tell I was beginning to agitate him.

As the vein in his forehead began to throb and the beads of sweat begin to drop I knew then that he was upset.

"Yarii I do not have time for those childish shenanigans! He yelled as the frustration in his face showed, We are moving to Compton and that's end of this discussion we will figure  everything out when we get there."

with a sigh of agitation and with a shake of his head he stormed off into the kitchen.

I looked up at mother whose face was now sunken in with frustration and confusion, she looked and me and gave me a sly smile.

" Maybe we should head upstairs and start packing baby," she said while standing up. I sat there for a few more brief seconds as I got up and walked into my room.

Part of me wanted to be happy but all this sadness just wouldn't let me maybe a new change of scenery was good and who knows what's waiting for me in Compton.

Saturday Morning

Beep beep beep! I smashed the snooze button on my alarm and set up in my bed, and looked around my room to all my packed boxes.

Today was moving day.

I stretched and made my way to the bathroom after taking my shower and applying my lotion, body spray and my sweet pea deodorant.

I put on my VS bra and panties set I decided to wear my light blue true religion skinny jeans a white crop top and my strapped sandals I wore my hair down and applied a little makeup. 15 minutes after me primping and priming myself I made my way downstairs to see the movers at work carrying everything out of the house. My father appeared In the doorway of the kitchen, he looked at with a disgusted look as if I displeased him.

"What in the Hell are you wearing?" He asked me as the wrinkles in his forehead began to crease.

"Daddy they're just clothes," I said as I crossed my arms around my exposed stomach, My cheeks began to turn hot and red with embarrassment.

" get a bigger shirt or something yarii, we do not want you flaunting around like some loose floozy!"

He let out a sigh of frustration and walked back outside.

I walked back upstairs and did what I was told. My father could be a handful sometimes but I only wanted to make him happy .. I just want him to be proud of me.

I sat in the corner as the movers began to come in my room and take everything outside and load it onto the trucks.

As I sat there stuck in my thoughts I didn't notice my mother at the door.

"We're all packed and ready baby girl. Let's head out " she said while motioning me to come on.

I twisted the little ballet shoes on my necklace and made my way down the stairs I turned around and looked at our use to be lovely home one more time I sighed a heavy sigh and shut the door as I walked out.

I got in my car and put on PartyNextDoor x West District and drove out of the drive way to wherever we would be calling home... 

Vote VOTE VOOOOTE

Comment  thank you much love

-A.