Chapter 3: Tris

3

Tris POV: Tobias left to go do something with Uriah, so I wandered down the hallways of the dauntless compound. Its strange how in such a short amount of time a place that once seemed foreign can become your only true home. Except now, it was twinged with fear.

Recently, a new fear has appeared in my fear landscape. I have to watch as everything and everyone i love is taken from me one by one. The fear of losing your life. I cant help but feel like it has something to do with this strange feeling ive been having.

When I finally looked up again, I noticed i was in a sector I'd never explored before. Panic rises in my chest. I begin to sprint down different hallways taking turns here and there, not really keeping track. I reach a dead end. Out of hope and energy, I slide down the wall until im squatting on the ground. My cheeks grew warm with fresh tears that showed no sign of slowing.

Time passed. A lot. Seconds...... Minutes....... Hours...... Until finally i had wore myself out of tears. I decided to try one more time, so i got up and steadied myself against the wall. I was weary and fading fast. I stumbled down the hallways until my vision was too blurred, and stumbled over something, hitting the ground hard. Too weak to get up, I lay helpless on the cold hard concrete as my vision faded. The last image in my mind was a man with golden hair standing with a girl behind The Fence. Then, nothing.