Getting To Know Eachother

"Well, my name is Frank Iero, and um, I was born on Halloween, I'm overly obsessed with dogs, I like to cover myself in tattoos, I'm like 5'6 and I love to read, I'm very punk rock and I'm also gay."

His eyes widen a bit as I mention I'm gay, I like to get that topic out of the way, and if he isn't okay with that he can go fuck himself.

After a second or two he doesn't seemed fazed by it anymore, instead he just smiles proudly and stares out the window for a minute.

Honestly, I'm terrible at introducing myself to other people, I forget everything about myself in the moment, it's the most awkwardest thing. Gerard doesn't seem to care though.

He turns to face me again and speaks up.

"Alright Frank, I'm going to be very frank with you and tell you that you're making my situation way easier."

"What situation?"

He smirks.

"Eh, don't worry about it, things will fall into place soon." He then winks at me.

What the butt was that?

I know it was a wink, duh, but why.

"But for now-"

He looks down at his phone to check the time.

"I have to get going, we'll meet again soon Frankie, how about tomorrow, same time?"

I sit there dumbfounded but I nod quickly as i process what he said. He takes a napkin and a pen out of his pocket and writes something down, and before he left he folded the napkin and handed it to me and walked away, and dare I say, sassily.

I look down at the napkin in my hand and unfolded it as I came to see a ten digit number with a signature at the bottom signed as

Geetard-xoxo.

I folded the napkin neatly again, and out it in my pocket.

I looked down at my coffee cup smiling as the memory of me calling him Geetard flooded my mind.

-

As I was about to walk in my house, I hit my head on the door forgetting I didn't have my keys with me. I knocked and waited till the door opened, resulting in my dad greeting me and then me going up to my room. I don't do much, I like to lay in bed and think a lot. I can't seem to get Gerard out of my head.

Gerard.

Gerard.

"Gerard." I say his name out loud.

I can't help but smile.

I like saying his name, it's not the type of name that you hear everywhere. It's unique in it's own way. Gerard's unique in his own way, but isn't everyone?

Everybody has something within them that they haven't shown, that something could be the persons everything. People don't know anything about the person beside them that they consider their 'friend'. It's fascinating how scary that could be.

Me? I haven't shown many things. That blows me up sometimes, and at times, it's comforting. My dad always told me to talk to someone on how you're  feeling. I know.. I know that can be good at times.

You talk to the person you trust most about how you're feeling and what's making your mind a tornado and it takes that weight off your shoulders, but sometimes you just know.. you know in that situation you just have to keep to yourself.

Gerard? I wonder what he hasn't shown? What does he have to hide from everyone?

I can't say much though, I barely know the guy.  Id like to know him, he seems like a mystery.  I'm interested in him, I won't lie. 

At least he knows I'm gay, he said I was making his situation easier.

If he knows im gay , then what situation would make it easier? 

Maybe he wants to embarrass me and tell everybody, or...

Or there could be a chance that he likes me.