15

I awoke to the sound of the household phone ringing, then my mother's voice being heard yelling and griping all the way from the living room. It wasn't such a great way to get a guy up, but then I realized it might have been after all, when I looked down and saw a messy bundle of indigo hair cuddled up before my damp, sweating neck. I noticed then that my shirt had been changed to something comfortable and baggy, and when I shifted my legs, I felt that I'd been put into pajama-shorts and was barefooted.

That's when I remembered fainting this afternoon, and figured that only now had I awoken to find myself in bed with Hinata, in the darkness of nightfall and a dim light from a lamp lit on my bedside table, as well as whatever luminance that came past my room's half-open door.

"Hina..." I whispered quietly, looking around my familiar bedroom in the dimness as I affectionately touched my mate's back. It was so great to be back home finally and have my warm angel there with me. I figured she must have come and taken a nap, waiting for my lazy ass to wake the hell up. That was just too sweet of her to put up with me. "Baby...Are you awake, hun?"

Hinata shifted at my voice, drawing a deep breath. I backed away a bit and pulled the blankets up around her when she tried to push them off. The last thing I wanted was for Hinata to catch a cold, especially in the condition that she was in, now. She had to be careful.

"Mm..." She moaned softly, lifting her face from my neck to wipe her eyes and then look up at me with exhaust. Hinata was paler than usual, except for a red mark on her cheek from where she'd been resting against me. "Yes...Kiba-Kun...Mm, you fainted...Do you remember anything at all?"

I smiled a little at that silly question. "Yeah...I remember."

"Everything?"

"M-hm."

"So then..." My mate blushed at me, her eyes widening to twinkle with joy in the dark. "You remember that I'm-...You know...I don't want to say it so you won't faint again."

I almost laughed at the way Hinata was so cautious with me. To me, it was nearly funny that she was worrying about me fainting again when she should have been worrying about her own self at a time like this.

"Nah..." I propped myself up on my forearm for her to lay her head upon it. "You can say it. I know you're pregnant, hun."

Hinata grinned at that before I came down to kiss her, cupping the side of her face lovingly.

"Man..." I grinned back at her, sneaking that hand down to her stomach as I kept smooching her softly. The touch seemed to tickle Hinata, as she giggled through our kisses when she reached to wrap her fragile little arms around my neck. "I still can't believe it..."

"I know. I can't either." She confessed silently. "This is...This is so great."

"It is." I whispered back, laying my lips against hers motionlessly as I caressed her warm tummy, imagining that what was in there was from me. It was so crazy when I thought about it...I was going to be a dad; a dad to Hinata Hyuga's unborn child. This truly had to be what dreams were made of. I'd never thought I'd make a baby so early, barely at the start of my twenties, yet here I was with the coming of a brand new life, a brand new journey literally bellow the palm of my hand.

Everything just happened so damn fast. All of a sudden the girl of my dreams was at my doorstep ready to have me claim her in Heat, next thing you know we were fucking like rabid animals at the brink of extinction, now we were back home at peace with a baby on the way from the unprotected sex Hinata and I never bothered to safeguard. Deep down, I-...I never really did want to protect myself when I'd been with her till the end of Heat. I remembered thinking about it several times, but in the end, I never once took a safety measure. Not a single one. Hell, I didn't even ask Hinata for her opinion about being careful. We just-...We literally just forgot about life outside of that containment house and indulged in each other and our primal instincts while there. It was like the only thing that mattered to us was the other. Nothing else existed in our private little world. Nothing else was worth recalling when we were so in love, experiencing what each of us had to offer each other for the first time and countless, endless times after that.