Chapter Eight

Chloe was trying to keep herself strong but she couldn't. It seemed impossible. Max had been working hard to make it up to Chloe for the kiss he shared with Helen. Chloe told him that it didn't matter and that she wanted to forget that it happened. Their relationship was getting stronger.

It was the weekend and only 6am. Chloe and Max were lying in bed together. "Max, did it mean anything when you kissed Helen?" Chloe asked. Max sighed.

"Chloe, it meant nothing to me. You're the one I love," Max told her. Chloe faintly smiled and cuddled into him.

Chloe sat up in bed. "Max, I've had the best idea!"

"What's that?" Max asked sleepily.

"We could go on a camping trip with Charlotte and Tom," Chloe said. Max smirked and nodded.

Chloe sprung out of bed and got dressed. She was planning everything in her mind. She quickly text her mum to see if she could take the kids this weekend and then she text Charlotte. Charlotte agreed to go. Tom had too.

Chloe had gone up into the attic to find her tent, she had bought one from when she went camping with her mum, Eddie, Charlotte, Tom and the kids. She found it and Max got the sleeping bags. Charlotte had text back saying she would come with Tom. Rachel and Eddie were looking after the children.

Charlotte and Tom got the kids ready to go to Eddie's. Charlotte wasn't good at camping out - but she was going to try it. "Come on Charlotte. Eddie's here," Tom said. Charlotte came downstairs. Tom grinned. "I'm so looking forward to this," Tom said. Charlotte smiled and kissed him.

Charlotte and Tom went over to Chloe and Max's. "Haven't the girls gone yet?" Charlotte asked. Chloe looked up from feeding Emily.

"No. Mum's coming soon," Chloe said. Charlotte looked over Chloe's outfit. She had on black shorts, black vest top and wedged heels.

"You look good," Charlotte told her. Chloe smiled.

"Thanks," She replied. Max came over with a grumpy Isla.

"Are you okay Isla?" Charlotte asked.

"No. I want to go too," Isla said. Charlotte smiled.

"You will when you're older," Charlotte said. Isla pouted as the doorbell rang.

Once Rachel took the kids, the four of them headed to the camping site. They got in people carrier and Tom drove. Chloe and Max were cuddling in the back seat.

"Where are we even going?" Charlotte asked. Chloe grinned.

"Near Wales," Chloe replied. Charlotte nodded. "There's a massive forrest there too," Chloe told them. Charlotte smiled.

Halfway on the journey Tom pulled into a service station. "I need to buy something," Chloe said. Charlotte followed her.

"Things okay with Max? After the kiss," Charlotte asked. Chloe faintly smiled.

"Okay, I'm trying to forget the kiss," Chloe said.

Tom and Max were standing outside the chemist.

"What do you need?" Max asked. Tom smirked and went into the chemist.

Tom went over to the condom section and grabbed a box.

"A whole box?" Max asked. Tom smiled widely.

"We don't want it to burst," Tom said. Max laughed and Tom went to buy them.

The shop assistant looked at Max and Tom.

"You boys having a fun night together?" the shop assistant asked. Max and Tom were both shocked.

Charlotte and Chloe were lying in the back sleeping. "Do you know how long until we're there?" Tom asked. Max shook his head.