Chapter Fourty-Two

Scarlett was in Hospital. Chloe and Max had gone back to work and although it had been hard. They had managed.

That morning, Chloe and Max were making out in the office. Grace was asleep in her playpen that Max kept in the office. "I swear to whoever is listening that wanna do you," Chloe mumbled.
"Behave."
Chloe felt bad for wanting sex while Scarlett was unwell.

Suddenly, the door opened and a tall guy with tanned skin walked in. "Hi there, I'm Mr Caldero. Substitute."
Chloe's mouth was open. She was shocked at how hot he looked. Max noticed. "Mrs Tyler close your mouth," Max spat.
Chloe shut her mouth. Charlotte walked into the office and handed Max a pupil's file. Max noticed the substitute checking Charlotte out.

Charlotte went to the library and saw Aubree sitting there. She was crying.
"Aubs babes, what's wrong?" Charlotte asked. Aubree tried to get up but Charlotte stopped her.
"You've been avoiding Taitlyn as well. I know we didn't approve of Mike but that shouldn't be a reason for you to stop talking to her."
"I'm lesbian!" Aubree screamed.
Charlotte didn't know what to do. Aubree walked out.

Aubree had lied. She wasn't too sure on her sexuality. She thought she was into women but she liked guys. "So messed up," Aubree mumbled.

Chloe was in shock still at the substitute teacher. "You into tall guys with tan?" Max asked.
"Babes. Please, I'm into you and you alone but damn, he's hotness."
"Chloe, I'm your husband."
"I know and damn fine you are," Chloe teased. She pressed herself up against Max. "I can feel how hot you are for me," Chloe whispered.
Max sighed and sat down. Chloe walked out to talk to Charlotte about it.

Aubree was texting her boyfriend. She told him everything. He knew about her being bisexual. He knew she wanted to stop the feelings.
"It's okay baby. I still love you - Rxx"
Aubree smiled at the text. Tom came in to the classroom so she put her phone away.

Taitlyn hadn't heard back from Mike in several months. She was worried about him. She sat outside crying when Chloe came out.
"Sweetie what's wrong?" Chloe asked. Taitlyn explained everything. Chloe held her when a cab pulled up. Mike got out in his army uniform. Taitlyn was scared to go near him. She clung on to Chloe.
"Taitlyn, I'm sorry."
"Leave me!"
Taitlyn walked inside.

Chloe was crying. She knew for definete that Max was going off her. All she had ever wanted was to make him happy. She thought she was failing. Their daughter had cancer. Their other daughter self-harmed badly.

Chloe felt Mr Caldera sit next to her. Why's a good looking girl like you crying?"
"Long story."
"Would you want to tell me?" He asked.
"Not really," Chloe said. Mr Caldera sighed.
"My name is William by the way," he said.
"Chloe."

Charlotte walked through the corridor and saw Mike.
"What are you doing?" Charlotte asked.
"I'm leaving the army and came to surprise Taitlyn," Mike replied.
"You've done that alright. She's in tears. She hasn't heard from you in several months," Charlotte spat.
"I have my own problems," Mike said. He was struggling with Charlotte yelling at him.
"Taitlyn needs you!" Charlotte yelled. Mike threw his bag down and started to punch the wall. Charlotte got scared. Tom ran to him as Mike broke down. Tom held him. Charlotte saw Taitlyn walking over.
"Why didn't you contact me?"
"I'm sorry."
Taitlyn scoffed. "Yeah right."
"I am!"
Taitlyn looked at Mike and knew he was being serious. "You know how hard it was? Thinking you'd been killed?"
"Sorry."

Chloe sat with William. They were talking. Suddenly, William inched his face closer to Chloe's. She didn't know what to do. Just as William was about to kiss her, the door opened...